Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jerdenberg  
#1 Posted : 08 March 2023 09:19:05(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
In today's mailing from RD Hobby Modellbahnen I found a gas station that is offered by both Walthers (item 931-920, now on sale at Walthers for $23.98, RD price €29) and Faller (F131521, apparently going out of production?, now €13.90 at RD Hobby). Only visible difference are the decals. Would be a simple choice if I wanted one …

It would seem that not only Atlas, but also Walthers, offer rebranded Faller kits.

Jeroen
Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jerdenberg
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 08 March 2023 12:34:10(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Walther's sources many kits from Kibri and Heljan as well. I have the blast furnace, and container crane and reach stacker. I got the Faller Jet petrol station for Christmas.
Offline dzug  
#3 Posted : 09 March 2023 18:17:21(UTC)
dzug

Canada   
There is a long history of North American brands using kits from firms like Heljan, Faller and Pola as sources for their kits. Brands such as Model Power were once great sources for older European kits often at greatly reduced prices. They sometimes changed the signage on commercial buildings and maybe added a few US-specific parts but most were just repackaged from the European version. I don't think the Model Power brand is still actively releasing product but they were so prolific many hobby stores here still have a lot of old kits laying around and ebay is full of them.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dzug
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 09 March 2023 18:29:15(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, I had a Model Power Mercedes dealership I believe was made by Pola from the 80's. They used the same kit for a computer center, and supermarket also.
I have since kit bashed it into a bus station because I got the later Faller octagon dealership. I still have the Lima hollow fintail S class cars it came with though.
I also have the Faller 2990 club kit of the octagon motorized showrrom turntable BMW delaer with a 2 story house/shop. I turned the showroom into 3 story's and extendeed the roof sign drive to the top. It gave me more room on the layout for the 5 bay fire station.
Offline mmervine  
#5 Posted : 10 March 2023 00:56:16(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
I have a number of buildings on my layout that were from Model Power, but were actually Pola Ho kits. They were widely available and were often half the price of the branded equivalent kit. I also have the Galvanizing factory (Pola 840) that was sold by Con-Cor as part of their Cambria City line. Finally, I have this building:

https://www.walthers.com/factory-kit

This was sold as a Pickle factory and I use it as part of my brewery complex. Walthers sells a number of legacy Pola kits under their Trainline brand.

Mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mmervine
Offline Crazy Harry  
#6 Posted : 10 March 2023 21:56:28(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Originally Posted by: mmervine Go to Quoted Post
https://www.walthers.com/factory-kit

This was sold as a Pickle factory and I use it as part of my brewery complex.Walthers sells a number of legacy Pola kits under their Trainline brand.

Mark

I have this kit packaged at Model Power 465. A google search identified it as Pola 370. All are pickle factories, but the signage varies.

Harold.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Crazy Harry