Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sbendtsen  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2023 18:24:39(UTC)
sbendtsen

Denmark   
I recently purchased a used T-298 DSB train (Märklin 34989), with the expectation to use it with my Mobile Station 2, but so far I have not been successfull.

I have placed the train on the track, as the only train, then powered the MS2 on. The initial screen showed "No loco" and the "find" function was not able to locate the train.

By finding it in manually in the database I was able to get it added, but I am not succesfull in getting the train to run.

Any advice on how to get the train to run with the MS2?
Offline ktsolias  
#2 Posted : 17 February 2023 19:44:42(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Originally Posted by: sbendtsen Go to Quoted Post
I recently purchased a used T-298 DSB train (Märklin 34989), with the expectation to use it with my Mobile Station 2, but so far I have not been successfull.

I have placed the train on the track, as the only train, then powered the MS2 on. The initial screen showed "No loco" and the "find" function was not able to locate the train.

By finding it in manually in the database I was able to get it added, but I am not succesfull in getting the train to run.

Any advice on how to get the train to run with the MS2?

Hi
This is a DELTA Loco as I can see from the Cat. No 34xxxx
You have to open the loco and see what is the position of the 4 DIP switches.
Then compare with a catalog for M DELTA
You can pass this address manually to the MS2 or change in any of the other available
Position 0000 is for analog operation
Costas
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline sbendtsen  
#3 Posted : 17 February 2023 23:51:55(UTC)
sbendtsen

Denmark   
Thanks Costas!

I was able to open it up and move the switches (-234). And set the address to 6 on the MS2. When I up the throttle, the LED becomes brighter, but it does not move.

Any tips or is the locomotive defective?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 18 February 2023 00:46:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: sbendtsen Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Costas!

I was able to open it up and move the switches (-234). And set the address to 6 on the MS2. When I up the throttle, the LED becomes brighter, but it does not move.

Any tips or is the locomotive defective?

It may well need oiling. But first remove the brushes from the motor, and then try and turn the wheels. They should turn reasonably freely, and spin the motor. If they are difficult to turn then it may well be a case of hardened oil, which was common a while back. remove the brush holder and take the armature out. The wheels should now definitely turn freely. Clean the bearing points on the ends of the armature shaft, reassemble the motor and put one drop of oil on each end of the motor shaft. Refit the brushes and try again.

another possibility is the wire to the electromagnet is broken. The wire from the magnet to one of the brush holder connections is quite fine, and it is very easy for one or both strands to break. The two wires that go from the magnet to the decoder can also break. The easiest fix if any of them is broken is a replacement magnet.

Offline cintrans  
#5 Posted : 18 February 2023 02:01:17(UTC)
cintrans

Aruba   
You'r sure the decoder is set to address #6?

Assuming your writing "-234" meant switch 1 "off" and 2, 3 & 4 "on" gives you address #2
Address #6 is switch 1, 3 & 4 "on" and 2 "off"

Regards

Jean-Pierre
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cintrans