Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline CT1931  
#1 Posted : 06 December 2022 03:48:44(UTC)
CT1931

United States   
I recently purchased sone Marklin rolling stock with AC wheel sets. I ordered replacement DC wheelsets for my US track/transformer. All of the wheelsets replaced easily, but they are tight in 2 cars. They roll but not freely. Is there a simple fix? Or will those cars be relegated to display only?

Thank you ahead of time for yourbinput and time
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by CT1931
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2022 04:42:27(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
You should be able to get DC wheelsets from a Maerklin dealer. They should work trouble free. Which manufacturer's wheelsets did you have issues with?

Older Maerklin rolling stock had wheelsets that were held in place by pins into the bogie sides. Newer ones tend to have a more loose connection with the wheelsets held in place by a pair of clips.
Check to see if the wheels are rubbing against the bogie or whether the axle may not be properly seated in the clip.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
H0
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 06 December 2022 08:12:54(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted by: CT1931 Go to Quoted Post
I recently purchased sone Marklin rolling stock with AC wheel sets. I ordered replacement DC wheelsets for my US track/transformer.
Which rolling stock gives trouble? Which wheelsets did you get?

Wheelsets come in various forms with different wheel sizes, different shapes, and lengths of axles.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 06 December 2022 13:07:35(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
If not Marklin, then possibly Roco, or even Piko wheel sets. Once you look up the A/C and corresponding Trix D/C wheels to exchange them on the Marklin pages, the size is listed. Then find the same size from Roco, or Piko.
have you tried adjusting the wheel width on the axles?
Offline kimballthurlow  
#5 Posted : 06 December 2022 21:28:58(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
As Tom (HO) says, there a many different wheelset parameters.
But this sounds to me a simple case of incompatible axle length and nothing to do with the wheels themselves.
It is not common, but the flange of the wheel could rub against the underfloor of the wagon or upper side of a bogie.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow