Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Refvik  
#1 Posted : 06 September 2022 09:19:39(UTC)
Refvik

Norway   
Using Train Controller Gold 9.0 and Märklin CS2

When startup system TC and CS2, for some weeks now locomotives on the track have started to behave erratic where sound and light starts starts cutting off/on as seen on the video: http://refvik.info/Di3.mp4

Also driving have the same issues where it slows down/stops before continuing again

Only a hard, or several hard resets of the system gets it back to normal where it works fine until next time system is started again

It is not the locomotive as this happens to several locomotives on the track. Also no changes to hardware prior to having this issues

Any idea or advice would be appreciated
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2022 11:41:43(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Refvik
Welcome to our forum.
Here a Rocrail user from France.
The video shows blinking headlights on a loco. This could be done by many things depending on the decoder:
- the output for lights programming is changed so as to blink (but this would remain until another programing change
- a sucession of orders to F0 on,off, etc

One question: does this happen only when the CS2 is connected to TC? (Is the strange behaviour coming from TC?)
Jean
Offline Refvik  
#3 Posted : 06 September 2022 11:59:32(UTC)
Refvik

Norway   
Thanks for your reply

First of all, it has nothing to do with the locomotive or it's decoder, the issue is present on many different locomotives that is on the track

It looks like it is an issue only when CS2 is connected to TC, but not 100% sure about this - but it might be that this strange behavior is coming from TC as you suggested

Offline blid  
#4 Posted : 06 September 2022 13:31:17(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
There are many things to check before I would suspect TC. To me it seems to be a power problem. Eliminating things is the way to go so starting without TC is a good thing anyway.
The first thing I would check is the power indication in the info of the setup menu. While there, click the wrench and check the selected power source. I just checked mine and it was reset to the default – again. The default is 60101 and I have a 60061 so the CS2 wouldn’t have cut the power as it should when overloaded. If the CS2 turns to STOP after selecting the correct power source you have to many engines and other things connected to it.
Next thing I would check is the power cord from the CS2 to the tracks.
I assume you have cleaned the tracks and wheels.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.