Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#1 Posted : 04 July 2022 15:46:47(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
I am looking at the Fohrmann tools and they seem perfect for my need both the wheel spacer at 13.8 mm and the wheel puller. (The flex track clamp are also of great interest to me)

Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada.

Do you know of any other tools I could use that I would find in North America or of a dealer that carries the Fohrmann tools.

Thanks
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 04 July 2022 15:55:24(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Originally Posted by: Puttputtmaru Go to Quoted Post
I am looking at the Fohrmann tools and they seem perfect for my need both the wheel spacer at 13.8 mm and the wheel puller. (The flex track clamp are also of great interest to me)

Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada.

Do you know of any other tools I could use that I would find in North America or of a dealer that carries the Fohrmann tools.

Thanks
Yes, check the Micromark and Walthers sites. I recently saw one.

Offline Puttputtmaru  
#3 Posted : 04 July 2022 18:26:25(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, check the Micromark and Walthers sites. I recently saw one.

Thanks but I have search for hours on those two, prior to asking here, as I thought they would be the ticket but I have not found anything inn the 13.8 mm range.

May be my search parameters were wrongConfused
Offline PMPeter  
#4 Posted : 04 July 2022 18:38:20(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Are you sure they don't send to Canada? I have been ordering from them for years and have never had a problem with them sending to Canada. The 3 items that you mentioned are great tools.

I believe that Canada no longer appears in their pulldown menu, BC never did. So on my last order I just sent them an e-mail telling them what I needed and we proceeded from there. Perhaps COVID changed that.

Peter
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#5 Posted : 04 July 2022 18:51:04(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
Are you sure they don't send to Canada? I have been ordering from them for years and have never had a problem with them sending to Canada. The 3 items that you mentioned are great tools.

I believe that Canada no longer appears in their pulldown menu, BC never did. So on my last order I just sent them an e-mail telling them what I needed and we proceeded from there. Perhaps COVID changed that.

Peter

Yes the option is not there on check out to send to Canada. I will ask them directly thru email and see what they can do.
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#6 Posted : 13 July 2022 15:29:58(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post

Peter

Thanks for the suggestion PMPeter. I email them and they obliged nicely. Shipping was not cheap but I think what I ordered from them and could not find anywhere else is worth it.

They are in GÖRLITZ very eastern city in Germany which seems a beautiful place to visit. Never heard of it before.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Puttputtmaru
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 13 July 2022 17:43:42(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Puttputtmaru Go to Quoted Post

They are in GÖRLITZ very eastern city in Germany which seems a beautiful place to visit. Never heard of it before.

IIRC there are Gorlitz bogies fitted to coaches, so I assume there is(has been?) heavy manufacturing there in the past.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Alsterstreek  
#8 Posted : 13 July 2022 19:57:42(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
There is an English Wikepedia entry on Waggonbau Görlitz, maker of the Drehgestell Bauart Görlitz (Bogie Class Görlitz) that came to be a market success and is still in production:

https://en.wikipedia.org...i/Waggonbau_G%C3%B6rlitz
Offline Copenhagen  
#9 Posted : 13 July 2022 20:52:21(UTC)
Copenhagen

Also take note that 13.8mm can be too narrow (causing shorts). When adjusting DC wheels closing the distance so that 14.3 is too big and 13.8 gives a little room to wiggle is usually okay.
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#10 Posted : 13 July 2022 21:58:25(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post
Also take note that 13.8mm can be too narrow (causing shorts). When adjusting DC wheels closing the distance so that 14.3 is too big and 13.8 gives a little room to wiggle is usually okay.

Will do. Thanks