Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Michanglais  
#1 Posted : 24 April 2022 16:26:12(UTC)
Michanglais

France, Metropolitan   
Hello all!

I've recently purchased the Mobile Station 60657 running with software version 3.148 (can't update because I don't have the Central Station, which as I've gathered is what I need access to to change the Mobile Station version - correct me if I'm wrong!).

I don't know if the problem is the version number, anyway.

I've currently got two HAG Re 460s that came fitted with Marklin decoders- one has a 6080 the other has a 6090, both came (second hand) programmed to address 26.

Clearly, I need to change the address of one of the locos to have them both on the track at the same time but doing different things.

The Mobile Station recognises the locos if I use the 'Find' function, so there is some communication going on as I can operate the locos (lights/running) when they have been 'found'. However, I can't seem to change the addresses of either decoder.

I was warned against using the 'Find' function and to use 'Enter Manually', so, to be sure of starting from fresh, I used the 'Reset Loco' followed by 'Remove Loco'. I imagine this means the decoder will be at address 26 and the mobile station will have no memory of these locos when I put them on the track. I don't know if this is correct, but it's what I did.

I then set one of the locos on the track, made sure I was at a free memory space and then followed the instructions for 'Enter Manually'/MM2 Programmable', changed the address to 25, confirmed, entered a name and chose a loco symbol. All seemed to go fine, but when I tried to run the loco, it did nothing. If I go back to the 'New loco: Address' display, the address indicated is 25.

I decided to try the other loco (6090 decoder), went to a free memory space, and this time didn't try to change the address, leaving it at 26, but changed the name and the loco symbol. It ran fine. It was then that I tried the loco whose address I'd changed to 25 using the 'identity' of the loco I'd left at address 26 and it ran fine.

When I used the 'Find' function again it found the loco but still at address 26, however, it displayed as address 25 in 'Change Loco Address' so it seems as though the mobile station can be changed, but it somehow does not send the address change to the decoder.

I even tried a Reset of the Mobile Station in case there was some kind of issue there. I went through the same programming process but still got the same result - loco address can be changed under 'Enter Manually' but still only running when using address 26.

Is it that the factory-assigned address of 26 cannot be changed in these decoders, or that the Mobile Station is unable to change them?

As it is, I've got two locos functioning perfectly at address 26 but at no other address I assign under 'Enter Manually'.

For info, the Mobile Station is brand new.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated because I would really like to be able to run these locos separately on the same track.

Cheers,
Michael

PS Sorry for the length of this post!
Offline Purellum  
#2 Posted : 24 April 2022 16:40:39(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

To change the address on 6080 and 6090 decoders, you have to open the locos and change the dip-switch settings on the decoders Cool

You can find the dip-switch settings for the decoders here: https://www.maerklin.de/...ionen/Codiertabelle2.pdf

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Online pederbc  
#3 Posted : 24 April 2022 16:40:46(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
Hi,

I believe both 6080 and 6090 has the ”mouse organ”. You need to set the adress on the decoder itself. Search on the Märklin site for info how to set the adress.

Br, Peder
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pederbc