Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mattj70  
#1 Posted : 06 April 2022 05:43:05(UTC)
mattj70

United States   
Not sure what I have done? None of my power supplies or controllers work? I have place hookups on different pieces of track? Plugged into tow different electrical outlets? Please Marklin Mobile Station track in different spots? Cleaned the tracks? Sometimes the engine will go on the right on the feed of power then stop once off? Could all 3 controllers be done? I haven't used them in a few years? I used the 32 Volt one last a few months ago on dining table it ran almost all my engines? Should I just buy new Central Station? or am I missing something? Suggestions? I attempted to update the Central Station a few years back, it kind of went South then. However the Mobile Station had worked last year?

Offline phils2um  
#2 Posted : 06 April 2022 06:26:18(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
Hi Matt,

Looks like you've been at this awhile from the date you joined the forum. I suggest you review the instruction manuals for your controllers and power supplies paying close attention to the wiring hookup between the Mobile Station, its power supply, and the track. Particularly if you were relying on memory to hook things up. Hopefully you have not damaged anything. If you inadvertently fed power back into the Mobile Station from its track outputs it could be fried. You can search on the Märklin website for your model numbers if you have misplaced the manuals.
Phil S.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by phils2um
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 06 April 2022 08:41:39(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Sometimes attention to details is important. Some locos will not work when red and brown wires of the MS are swapped. Red goes to the B connector and brown goes to the 0 connector of the C track.

The "32 Volt controller" probably is a 16 Volt controller. Some locos must be configured for analogue operation.

Connecting two or more controllers to the same track at the same time can lead to damages, especially of the Mobile Station.

Maybe we can provide better help when you show some pictures of the wiring and provide ref. numbers of the articles you are using.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline BenP  
#4 Posted : 06 April 2022 13:31:05(UTC)
BenP

United States   
Originally Posted by: mattj70 Go to Quoted Post
Not sure what I have done? None of my power supplies or controllers work? I have place hookups on different pieces of track? Plugged into tow different electrical outlets? Please Marklin Mobile Station track in different spots? Cleaned the tracks? Sometimes the engine will go on the right on the feed of power then stop once off? Could all 3 controllers be done? I haven't used them in a few years? I used the 32 Volt one last a few months ago on dining table it ran almost all my engines? Should I just buy new Central Station? or am I missing something? Suggestions? I attempted to update the Central Station a few years back, it kind of went South then. However the Mobile Station had worked last year?

Are you using 32V power supply, which is too much (should be 16-18V), or do you mean 32VA, which describes load. Exceeding the load stops the power delivery. Divide VA by voltage to calculate max amperage: 32/16=2A.
Digital M (+ some K) track layout with mostly vintage rolling stock and accessories, and small Z scale layout.
https://youtube.com/play...0kgVYbh0CeDTF-bYXoD_2-V9
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BenP
Offline mattj70  
#5 Posted : 06 April 2022 18:39:03(UTC)
mattj70

United States   
Ok today new day, took suggestions, just took all track off table, used track that was stored in plastic tubs loose or in Marklin paper boxes. Have two locos thus far circling with Central Station on old track? I don't have all the same radius tracks to put back how it was, or four replacement wide turn switches? However Happy to see loco moving again. Could the track all be bad, it would seem so? I live in Florida, it is hot and humid, I do run A/C all the time? What would make all the pieces of track on table go bad? I even tried to put a piece back into new single ring? Stops loco right it. Bad track? Going to try Mobile Station next.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 06 April 2022 18:57:09(UTC)
H0

The centre-rail studs are prone to rust when track is not used for a long time. Outer rail can also become dirty; and old K track and M track can even become rusty.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0