Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ocram63_uk  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2022 09:24:48(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Good day to everyone! Hope you are all doing fine wherever you are. Snowing here in Suffolk at the moment.
The question I have is related to this coach's bogies. The way the wheels are held in place is a bit flimsy. The axles have conical ends that fit into the bogie's sides. This to mee seems a bit 'fragile' for a measuring car. I cleaned the copper pickup plates and axles with alchool and the stability of the readings has improved a bit but still there are oscillations in the values detected. Is there a better bogie I could use on this coach? Failing this is there a way to modify the bogie's holes in order to better hold the axle in pleace? Thank you. Marco
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ocram63_uk
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 31 March 2022 14:38:32(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
This is the way all Markln axles and bogies are today. The side frames are pliable plastic in most designs. If the axles stay in the bogie, you're good. Don't over oil them.
You can squeeze them bogies with the axle removed for a bit tighter fit.
These are delicate models, and care need be taken not to damage the pick-up rotors, or electronic parts inside. Clean the wheels good for better contact, and the pickup shoe.
I have a 49960 as well. The distance it has traveled on a layout is permanently stored. Mine has under 4 toal hours on it, and workd perfectly.