Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artfull dodger  
#1 Posted : 23 January 2022 06:03:48(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Been off enjoy other facets of model trains with my live steam logging Fn3 trains and British Tinplate for awhile now. But...this evening at a hobby shop in Indianapolis, I found a zip loc bag of older Marklin, mostly all metal other than the box car and gondola. The diecast 0-8-0 was nearly froze up(had hair wrapped around the gears) and the nut that holds the eccentric crank on one side was missing. I got the whole bag for $30 plus tax. I got the engine running once we got home, and polished up the cars. Everything cleaned up really nice. I need 1 roof and a couple of the springs that go from coupler to coupler under the car to self center the couplers. So I am looking for those parts, along with a small loop of M track with the really tight radius curves and a small metal case Marklin transformer. We have just enough room in our bay window to do a small loop of Marklin under the small Christmas tree. Nothing else train wise will fit. So this is going to be our holiday train set. I want all the stuff to stick to the vintage of the train itself. Classic metal M track, older transformer(I am fully able to replace the power cord if its perished from age). Might even watch for some small HO tinplate buildings. AD.
UserPostedImage
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by artfull dodger
Offline bgemski  
#2 Posted : 24 January 2022 16:10:56(UTC)
bgemski

United States   
Welcome back!!
I too am returning after an absence; I have to say it's great to be back!
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by bgemski