Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Trix_help_needed!!!  
#1 Posted : 30 December 2021 02:14:22(UTC)
Trix_help_needed!!!

United States   
I need help!! I have Trix 25480. When ever I try to program the address from 3! I use an NCE power cab and it works perfectly, except if I change the address!! Anyone know what I can do?? I have access to a mobile station at my job, but I don’t know how to change its dcc address. If someone can tell me what I gotta do, please help me!!

Edited by moderator 04 January 2022 00:54:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 31 December 2021 15:17:05(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Trix_help_needed!!! Go to Quoted Post
I need help!! I have Trix 25480. When ever I try to program the address from 3! I use an NCE power cab and it works perfectly, except if I change the address!! Anyone know what I can do?? I have access to a mobile station at my job, but I don’t know how to change its dcc address. If someone can tell me what I gotta do, please help me!!

Smells fraudster here...
You have NCE system and knows how to use it and program.
Access to a mobile station at my job??
But don´t know how to change DCC adress?

Blink

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Purellum  
#3 Posted : 31 December 2021 16:28:12(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Smells fraudster here...

How did you get to that conclusion, and what kind of fraud would that be? BigGrin

Are you afraid that someone will trick you to write something useful or just to be nice? BigGrin

If someone can tell me what I gotta do, please help me!!

I don't think you're a fraudster, and I'm sorry that I can't help you Cool

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 31 December 2021 18:41:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

You need to provide details of what changes you are attempting to make to the address. IIRC NCE is one of the systems where addresses in the range 1-99 or 1-127 can be set to be long or short address, and these are handled differently by the throttle.

So please list the steps you are taking to change address, including all key strokes on the throttle.

Also you would have been better off starting a new topic with a relevant subject line instead of hijacking someone elses.
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 01 January 2022 14:22:09(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

You need to provide details of what changes you are attempting to make to the address. IIRC NCE is one of the systems where addresses in the range 1-99 or 1-127 can be set to be long or short address, and these are handled differently by the throttle.

So please list the steps you are taking to change address, including all key strokes on the throttle.

Also you would have been better off starting a new topic with a relevant subject line instead of hijacking someone elses.

If you did read his first comment line..."it works perfectly..." the system allows up to 9,999 adresses.
The loco are stand in adress 3 and there should be no problem by change to new adress.
The rule are always says that the loco must stand on the programming track to change the adress.

H0
Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 01 January 2022 14:30:53(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post

Smells fraudster here...

How did you get to that conclusion, and what kind of fraud would that be?

Are you afraid that someone will trick you to write something useful or just to be nice?

If someone can tell me what I gotta do, please help me!!

I don't think you're a fraudster, and I'm sorry that I can't help you

Per.

It is typical to start a quarrel through provocation, even though the person in question asked unreasonable question about problems.
Bad days, uhhh?

Goofy, enough! Surely you must have something better to do than to start quarrels on the forum. This is the second warning...../BDNZ

Edited by moderator 19 January 2022 02:22:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

H0
Offline Purellum  
#7 Posted : 01 January 2022 19:12:00(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

It is typical to start a quarrel through provocation, even though the person in question asked unreasonable question about problems.
Bad days, uhhh?

You didn't answer "Trix_help_needed!!!"'s question; but called him a fraudster Blink

Now you don't answer my question; but calls it a provocation? Confused

Do you have any good days?

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 02 January 2022 00:39:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

If you did read his first comment line..."it works perfectly..." the system allows up to 9,999 adresses.
The loco are stand in adress 3 and there should be no problem by change to new adress.
The rule are always says that the loco must stand on the programming track to change the adress.

And this is another post where you have added to the noise on the list instead of providing useful information.

I am trying to ascertain of the new address being programmed into the loco is being done as a short address or a long address, as this affects how to access it from the cab. As you say, it should be no problem - but there clearly is a problem that you are not helping to fix with this post, or your posts after this one I am replying to.

It doesn't have to stand on the programming track to change the address, it can be possible to Program on Main to change address, especially if using a short address while programming a long address.

There can be another problem too after changing things in the decoder, but I won't enumerate those here either as that would be adding more noise to the topic.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan