Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rupy  
#1 Posted : 31 October 2021 18:32:58(UTC)
rupy

Sri Lanka   
Dear All,
I am a newbie in this business.I bought a Fleishmann 391372AC digital loco(HO)fitted with decoder not knowing that AC might not work on DCC systms.I also managed a 3 track set.I have a HO DCC train set controlled by Z-21.Is there any means of connecting the Z-21 controller onto the 3 track and running my Fleishmenn loco.
Thanks
Rupy
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 31 October 2021 23:54:12(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Hi Rupy,

In the digital era, there is no ”AC or DC”. Everything runs on digital power - a ”kind of” AC power - where DCC, Motorola and Mfx protocols can coexist on the layout. Newer Märklin engines come with decoders enabled for all three protocols. The Z21 can control DCC and Motorola decoders, and the decoder in your Fleischmann engine probably supports at least one of these protocols.

The major European model train suppliers produce both 2- and 3-rail engines these days.

Smile
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline rupy  
#3 Posted : 01 November 2021 06:50:51(UTC)
rupy

Sri Lanka   
Dear PeFu,
Thanks a ton.You have motivated me to try out my Fleishmann loon the 3 rail track,powered by Z-21(power to cerntr track and neutral on side).
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 06 November 2021 12:07:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: rupy Go to Quoted Post
Is there any means of connecting the Z-21 controller onto the 3 track and running my Fleishmenn loco.

Generally Fleischmann locos will be designed to run on 2 rail track. If you are using Marklin 3 rail track your Fleischmann loco should have a pickup shoe fitted to the centre of the loco's front bogie for it to be able to run (I reread your first post and see you say it is designed for AC / 3 rail use).

The track output from your Z21 (you don't say whether it is a black or white Z21) connects to the B (red) and 0 (brown) connections on the Marklin track. If the loco supports the DCC protocol use that, if not use the MM protocol.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 06 November 2021 12:49:44(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Generally Fleischmann locos will be designed to run on 2 rail track.
With the current number scheme, locos with a 39xxxx number are for the Märklin system.
With the old number scheme it was 1xxx or xx1xxx.

The 391372 discussed here is a loco for the Märklin track system. I assume the decoder is multi-protocol for DCC and MM (and maybe more). Since the z21/Z21 support DCC and MM, there should be no problems to get the loco running.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage