Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kiwiAlan  
#1 Posted : 28 October 2021 00:54:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
In the 05/21 Insider magazine there is a plug for a company that does T-shirts, polos, hoodies, etc with marklin themed decoration (they do a lot more themes but this is the reason why they are mentioned).

Te web site is https://www.spreadshirt.de/ and have some interesting marklin themed items. The one in the magazine shows a t-shirt with a Marklin blue case controller (like the biscuit tin) saying "My favourite controller", but there are others as well. many of the railroad themed items are more geared towards the American market, but the handful of Marklin items look interesting. Some of the inscriptions would be considered on the border of doubtful in these "woke" times, but for the most part are pretty acceptable.

However i was put off by the price a bit. it seems to be a country aware web site as it was quoting the prices in GBP for me. But at the prices they are asking i would want the items to be pretty reasonable quality, and not "one season wear".

To find the Marklin items put "marklin" in the search box at the top, and you end up with all the MRR items. They also have back packs, caps, and all sorts of other stuff in the menu on the left.

has anyone dealt with this company before? What is the quality of their clothing items?

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline DaleSchultz  
#2 Posted : 28 October 2021 03:54:13(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
just looked. The images of the items seem to be 100% generated, i.e. not even photos of actual products.
I have noticed lots of companies now doing these types of products: shirt/mug + some niche product picture/slogan... then they (presumably) print one off and mail it when you place an order.

You may has well just buy a t-shirt and make one yourself with an iron-on transfer that you print or have printed at your local copy shop.

Edited by user 29 October 2021 03:00:50(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#3 Posted : 28 October 2021 22:31:54(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
You've received the 5/21 Insider mailing??? I only just received the 3/21 about two weeks ago :(
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 28 October 2021 23:39:57(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Eurobahnfan Go to Quoted Post
You've received the 5/21 Insider mailing??? I only just received the 3/21 about two weeks ago :(

Yep, the Trix 05/21 arrived about 3 days earlier too.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Dimi194  
#5 Posted : 29 October 2021 02:50:50(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
In the 05/21 Insider magazine there is a plug for a company that does T-shirts, polos, hoodies, etc with marklin themed decoration (they do a lot more themes but this is the reason why they are mentioned).

Te web site is https://www.spreadshirt.de/ and have some interesting marklin themed items. The one in the magazine shows a t-shirt with a Marklin blue case controller (like the biscuit tin) saying "My favourite controller", but there are others as well. many of the railroad themed items are more geared towards the American market, but the handful of Marklin items look interesting. Some of the inscriptions would be considered on the border of doubtful in these "woke" times, but for the most part are pretty acceptable.

However i was put off by the price a bit. it seems to be a country aware web site as it was quoting the prices in GBP for me. But at the prices they are asking i would want the items to be pretty reasonable quality, and not "one season wear".

To find the Marklin items put "marklin" in the search box at the top, and you end up with all the MRR items. They also have back packs, caps, and all sorts of other stuff in the menu on the left.

has anyone dealt with this company before? What is the quality of their clothing items?

It defaulted to the AU version for me, and I couldn't find the Marklin stuff... but looks like another RedBubble type thing

Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
Offline bph  
#6 Posted : 29 October 2021 10:43:52(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post

It defaulted to the AU version for me, and I couldn't find the Marklin stuff... but looks like another RedBubble type thing

Try the UK direct link for the Märklin spreadshop: https://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/shop/user/maerklin/ It's probably work in progress....
Spreadshirt is a German company, so it kind of makes sense that they would corperate.

and don't forget the insider discount :)

As for quality, I haven't tried them but I observe that they have a Premium quality option.