Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mazinger  
#1 Posted : 16 July 2021 20:07:11(UTC)
Mazinger

United States   
I have just begun collecting some tin-plate marklin coaches. So far every one I bought has no interior and I thought it was the norm. But I recently find some tin plate coaches do come with interiors. In particular early versions of 4066 have no interior but the last ones did (v4 and v5). So my questions are

1. Which tin plate coaches model and version no.s have interiors? I am most interested in SBB and CIWL, but DB is good to know too.

2. Do Marklin still carry interior fitting parts? If not, which old model no.s for interior are there?

Thanks

Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 17 July 2021 02:57:21(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
For many years, the only tin plate coaches to have factory installed interiors were the TEE and UIC-X coaches of the DB. For most models, you could install either the 00225 or 00227 interior fittings.
in the late 1970s or early 1980s, the final version of the SBB EWI with the old markings came with interior fittings, as did the version with the new <+> SBB CFF FFS logo.

That interior was never available as a spare part. The same goes for the parts which would have enabled a retrofit for older versions of the RAm TEE.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by mike c