Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ranjit  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2021 09:31:03(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi All...

I just happened to come across two (2) model railroad online shops and I would like to get your recommendations. Although, I have known about these outfits earlier in the past, I had not dealt with them directly. They are:

1. bwbahn; and
2. Lokmuseum.

Are these guys any good ? Are their prices reasonable and do they ship internationally ? Do they speak English for better communications ? Also, are they members of a Marklin Insider Club and are they part of the Märklin-Händler-Initiative (MHI) programme ? How about their customer service ? Do they carry a extensive range of products and provide a wide range of services ?

I hear that Lokmuseum carries a lot of spare parts of older locomotives and rolling stock. Is that true ?

Take care and stay safe.

Cheers,
Ranjit

Edited by moderator 11 July 2021 10:29:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Modelling in HO Scale - Era III & IV. K+M Track, Analogue + Digital

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come" - Victor Marie Hugo
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ranjit
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2021 10:15:45(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
BWBahn are probably one of the largest Marklin dealers in Germany. Bernhard Wilde, the owner (hence BW Bahn) and other staff I have dealt with write very good English. Their prices are reasonable, and service is good. They have a huge range. Don't get on their weekly specials email otherwise you will be a continually poor model railroader. They ship internationally (obviously since I've purchased from them). BWBahn are a MHI dealer and also carry a wide range of spare parts. They also have a large presence on eBay.

I have no experience with LokMuseum.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 08 July 2021 10:21:36(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Here's an example of BWBahn's weekly specials newsletter....

Don't say I never warned you.....

Juli 2021-07-03_Sparwochenende.pdf (1,185kb) downloaded 181 time(s).
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 08 July 2021 10:38:38(UTC)
H0

I once ordered from BW Bahn at one of their bargain specials. Heard nothing about my order and did not get a reply to the two inquiry e-mails I sent. They replied to the third inquiry saying the item was not in stock but they tried to obtain it. Finally they notified me that the item was not available.
Bad outcome and customer experience with respect to communication was not good. I avoided them ever since.

I have good experience with LokMuseum. They say their bonus system is complicated, but fair. In most cases the bonus system is fair (you lose the bonus if you return items for warranty repairs). The bonus is somewhat unpredictable, but getting a bonus for good prices is a nice extra.
I fully trust them.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Ranjit  
#5 Posted : 08 July 2021 14:28:14(UTC)
Ranjit

Thank you, David and Tom, for your differing experiences with bwbahn and lokmuseum !

Tom, what is the "bonus system" at LokMuseum all about. Why is it complicated, but fair ?

David... Why would I become a "poor model railroader" if I sign up for bwbahn's weekly specials. Is it because they are vey attractive ?

Take care and stay healthy.

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 08 July 2021 15:00:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Ranjit Go to Quoted Post

David... Why would I become a "poor model railroader" if I sign up for bwbahn's weekly specials. Is it because they are vey attractive ?

I have bought from bwbahn through ebay.de. having done that I received their email specials notices until I retired.

Some seem to think they buy up factory overstock items at really good prices and then special these off as well as their normal items. So the email will often have a number of items at extremely good prices, including items like spare bodies and mechanisms for locos.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Ranjit  
#7 Posted : 08 July 2021 16:14:55(UTC)
Ranjit

Thanks for that, Alan !

Take care and stay healthy.

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
Offline David Dewar  
#8 Posted : 08 July 2021 19:28:33(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Re bwbahn I was wanting to purchase and sent an email to confirm which item I required to complete the purchase of around 600 euros. Did not get a reply so they did not get the business. However as said above others have found them good. Lippe are the only dealers that I have had no problem with over many years. It maybe just luck
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline DaleSchultz  
#9 Posted : 08 July 2021 21:18:50(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
Just as well BwBahn were not established when I worked 1300m away (1991-1994) But then again in Munich there was no room to build any sort of layout in a 100m² apartment.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#10 Posted : 09 July 2021 23:49:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Did not get a reply so they did not get the business.

I've had one or two instances where I've had to send two or three follow up emails before I get a response, but you will be rewarded if you persist. Remember BWBahn is a big shop so most likely every one is busy so inevitably emails can get missed or forgotten. I usually deal with Josef or Berhard himself.

Yes, as Alan points out the specials pricing is tempting. There's several items this week that I'd be tempted to buy if I didn't already have them (or about to receive them).

Here's this weeks newsletter....

Juli 2021-07-10_Sparwochenende.pdf (1,100kb) downloaded 98 time(s).

Originally Posted by: DaleSchultz Go to Quoted Post
Just as well BwBahn were not established when I worked 1300m away (1991-1994) But then again in Munich there was no room to build any sort of layout in a 100m² apartment.

That's what Z Gauge is for!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Ranjit  
#11 Posted : 10 July 2021 14:33:52(UTC)
Ranjit

Noted !

#Get Vaccinated
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Ranjit
Offline Rwill  
#12 Posted : 10 July 2021 20:32:23(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Four or five years ago I was a great fan of BW Bahn. I regularly looked in on their eBay weekend bargains and Saturdays night auction of new but older items. Usually pretty good. However their shipping prices were a bit high so I tries what I do with other Suppliers and buy "the main item" and the try and add a couple of bits and pieces to the parcel which never worked I got upset when I was charged three lots of shipping and it all arrived in one parcel. I wrote to them and got that rather complacent couldn't care less reply somewhat typical of German dealers. I got similar treatment when asking to return a faulty item - tough shit post it and pay. By then I was using mainly MSL who are quite superb in those circumstances' even when I admitted it was me that had buggered the item up. So I stopped looking on a Saturdays night. Looking now they seem to have disappeared from eBay but still do their weekly offers - but not for me thanks.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rwill
Offline Mman  
#13 Posted : 10 July 2021 22:29:55(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
It’s always worth looking to see what Gaugemaster near Arundel in the UK have at reduced prices in their stock of Märklin HO and Z - if you have the patience to hunt through their website. Took me a long time to fathom it out when using an ipad until I discovered that it only works when the pad is in landscape format. Much preferred their old simpler site.
Is the Munich store mentioned at the Hauptbahnhof? I’ve sent my son there on occasions from over the border in Austria but with limited success.
ChrisG
Offline Dimi194  
#14 Posted : 11 July 2021 05:35:30(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Haven't used bwbahn in a few years (have reduced my M spend + trying to utilise my local dealers more) but when I was using them they were excellent, very helpful and the prices were very good. I also struggle not to hit buy on everything in the Saturday newsletter! hahaha
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Dimi194
Offline Ranjit  
#15 Posted : 11 July 2021 05:56:36(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi All...

It seems that 'bwbahn', the big store in München is not a favourite among many of us ! Big is not necessarily better.

Has anyone dealt with 'Kaufhaus Schmalenbach' and 'Modellbahn-Kramm'? What are your experiences ?

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
Offline hxmiesa  
#16 Posted : 11 July 2021 10:33:42(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Has anyone dealt with 'Kaufhaus Schmalenbach' and 'Modellbahn-Kramm'? What are your experiences ?

I have bought from Kramm, but only once.
All items arrived according to my specifications. Price and packaging was alright.
But communications were very bad; Apart from the invoice (which I promptly paid), I didnt receive any mails from them for a long time. Not even a DHL tracking number.
Only when I threatened to cancel the payment (MasterCard) with my bank, did I receive a mail, and was able to collect my parcel JUST IN TIME before it was being returned to sender.
Although my experience is not representative of their overall functionality, I now simply stick with Ebay. Haven´t failed me yet.

Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline bph  
#17 Posted : 11 July 2021 10:40:25(UTC)
bph

Norway   
My experience with Modellbahn-Kramm is good, they respond to my inquiries in English, and they deduct German VAT. and they have some good offers.
I only use this store for items that are a bit hard to get in Norway, since usually, I buy my stuff in Norway, because I then get a 5-year limited warranty.
But so far good service, and no complaints. And they send out emails with shipment tracking numbers automatically (combined German end English mail).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#18 Posted : 11 July 2021 10:40:26(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

Nope!

If you're looking for a dealer my recommendations would be

Lokshop (www.lokshop.de)

Joes Modellbahn (http://joes-modellbahnlaedle.net)

MSL

I can also recommend

Modellbahn-Seyfried in Pforzheim - I've used Otto a bit for some of my 1 Gauge items (https://www.modellbahn-seyfried.de)

BWBahn - already discussed

Modellbau Fischer (https://www.mbs-fischer.de)

ETS (Eisenbahn-Treffpunkt SCHWEICKHARDT) (https://www.modelleisenbahn.com)

A former friend used Kramm as his main dealer and had no issues with them as far as I know. Sadly I can't ask Paul as he passed away a couple of years ago.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline David Dewar  
#19 Posted : 11 July 2021 13:00:29(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Started with Lok Shop but they were slow and did not respond to emails. Changed to MSL years ago and now only buy from them. Stocks are good and they do reply to most emails within a day or two. Also their bonus system is good as is their packing.
Everybody has their own choice. I would avoid Gaugemaster in the UK as their stocks are hopeless and to place an order you will wait months for the items which are at a far too expensive.
As long as you are happy with a dealer then sticking with them would be my view.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#20 Posted : 11 July 2021 13:17:26(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Started with Lok Shop but they were slow and did not respond to emails.

Must have been the kilt and haggis you were waving around Flash Dave. I have no such issues with Roland, he usually responds within a few days if there is a need to respond. I use Roland's Lokshop email address rather than the generic 'Shop' email address.

Case in point was my box of stuff that had been in shipment for nearly 3 months from Lokshop. I contacted Roland to say it hadn't arrived, he logged an non delivery report with DHL and emailed me back straight away. Two weeks later I contacted the NZ Post International Mail Centre in Auckland just in case it had slipped into the country unbeknown to anyone and because of an issue was waiting to be sent back to Lokshop (it has happened before to me with an ebay seller - not his fault BTW). NZ Post said No it hadn't arrived but they noted it was under investigation from DHL.

Three days later, surprise surprise I got an email to say the parcel had arrived in NZ and hopefully it will get delivered tomorrow.
Offline Ranjit  
#21 Posted : 11 July 2021 13:58:42(UTC)
Ranjit

I am told that there is Haggis Samosas and Haggis Pakoras ! It must be an inspiration of Indian-Gael fusion recipe. I wonder what they will think of next. Indians get around everywhere, don't they ? Especially when it comes to food !

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
Offline Ranjit  
#22 Posted : 11 July 2021 14:10:44(UTC)
Ranjit

Thank you for changing the subject title to a more appropriate one, David ! And, thank you for the additional information on dealers in Germany. Very useful indeed.

I too have found LokShop (Elisabeth and Roland Baer) to be unresponsive at time. Joachim at Joes-Modelbahnlaedle has been quick, but his range of products is rather small. Problem with MSL is that they are not registered with Märklin Insider.

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ranjit
Offline kiwiAlan  
#23 Posted : 11 July 2021 14:21:47(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hi All...

It seems that 'bwbahn', the big store in München is not a favourite among many of us ! Big is not necessarily better.

Cheers,
Ranjit

I have bought from Modellbahn Kramm both by web and visiting the shop. The thing about buying from them on the web is you hear nothing until the items arrive in stock, so you can go for long periods without any contact. Once something arrives in stock they then bill your card (I've only ever done it by supplying credit card details) for the arrivals, and then everything goes quiet until more of your order arrives.

This is common among German dealers from my experience, but Lokshop did change and automatically generate an update monthly or on change of order status. I use Lokshop as my 'normal' dealer, but they are not a Eurotrain, w13 or Vedes/MC dealer. Modellbahn Kramm are both Eurotrain and w13 dealer.

Hunerbein in Aachen is another dealer to look at which I don't think has been mentioned in this thread. I haven't bought off the web from them, but others on this forum do and find them excellent.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline IanC  
#24 Posted : 11 July 2021 18:15:49(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
Huenerbein have been my main supplier for over 35 years and I'm very happy with them and would recommend them without reservation. If you are visiting Germany from Britain via the Channel Ports then Aachen - 3.5 hours drive - is your main portal to Germany so a good place to visit and stay, especially for the Christmas Market and when COVID-19 conditions allow. English spoken, together with Dutch, French and of course German. They're happy to post orders and will do the MSTW export deduction tax thing.

I've had the odd thing from MSL and ETS and one item recently from B-W Bahn as a result of their mailing list. Also some successful one-off purchases direct from: Modellparadeis24 in Koln, Modelleisenbahnen-Keser.de and Modellbahn-Pietsch in Berlin.

IanC
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by IanC
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#25 Posted : 12 July 2021 00:12:15(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Joachim at Joes-Modelbahnlaedle has been quick, but his range of products is rather small.

Are you kidding me??

You've obviously have never visited Joachim in Frickenhausen.

Sure, the shop itself isn't big but when Joachim invites you to go out back, it's huge - and on multiple floors. Then Joachim tells you there are another 4 warehouses like it!

There are photos on the forum that I've previously posted, I'll see if I can find them. Having that much storage space it has to be filled with something.
Offline grnwtrs  
#26 Posted : 12 July 2021 02:59:31(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Started with Lok Shop but they were slow and did not respond to emails. Changed to MSL years ago and now only buy from them. Stocks are good and they do reply to most emails within a day or two. Also their bonus system is good as is their packing.
Everybody has their own choice. I would avoid Gaugemaster in the UK as their stocks are hopeless and to place an order you will wait months for the items which are at a far too expensive.
As long as you are happy with a dealer then sticking with them would be my view.

Yea, I have been through a few, starting with Matschke.de in 1968 quite by mistake. That lasted for about 10+ years, then I got charged U S $30 for passenger car that was part of a very large order that they back ordered. I told them not to ship, and I would send in another order to make the freight charge reasonable. Someone other than Carsten Laag, who visited the E T E annual show in late July about 20 years ago decided to ship anyway. That was the end of Matschke. That was a one time event. I would still highly recommend Matschke.de as a premier dealer. By the way, Carsten Laag was featured in the 02/2021 INSIDER MAGAZINE as being the leader of the M H I dealers assn. The nemesis of M S L my current dealer

Maybe its best to say that the DEVIL YOU KNOW IS BETTER THAT THAN THE ONE YOU DON'T KNOW.
I am beginning to think all the Marklin dealers are trying to protect the "bottom line" sometimes at the expense of losing
a valued long time customer. Who amongst us haven't had a cranky moment or two?

I'm currently with MSL, being addicted to the 4% bonus and the E 27.50 shipping fee along with what I think is razor thin pricing . I have had customs problems with them because of U P S. DE!!!! Anyway I have had bouts with them and they don't care, so I have had to "suck it up" for the time being. They don't do M H I or INSIDER which hurts, but everything else, especially the U P S shipping is ultra fast when U P S is on its game.

I am thinking of some "trial orders with ETS, as mentioned in this topic, to see if I can fill in some of the items I missed the past 5 years.

Regards, gene

Offline Ranjit  
#27 Posted : 12 July 2021 05:12:18(UTC)
Ranjit

Sorry about that, David ! I was making that assumption that Joes-Modelbahnlaedle only had a small range of products based on the poor design of their website ! I suppose 'seeing the place in person in believing' ! Anyways, I am happy with Joachim ! I need to try out LokMuseum. They seem to be good as well, and their shipping charges to India is the best so far !

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
Offline Ranjit  
#28 Posted : 12 July 2021 05:21:38(UTC)
Ranjit

Do share those photos if you can find them, David. I will be interesting to see.

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
Offline PJMärklin  
#29 Posted : 12 July 2021 05:41:28(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Joachim at Joes-Modelbahnlaedle has been quick, but his range of products is rather small.

Are you kidding me??

You've obviously have never visited Joachim in Frickenhausen.

Sure, the shop itself isn't big but when Joachim invites you to go out back, it's huge - and on multiple floors. Then Joachim tells you there are another 4 warehouses like it!

There are photos on the forum that I've previously posted, I'll see if I can find them. Having that much storage space it has to be filled with something.

https://www.marklin-user...ny-or-Austria#post621033
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline Ranjit  
#30 Posted : 12 July 2021 07:09:46(UTC)
Ranjit

Wow ! I have really been wrong in my assessment of Joes-Modelbahnlaedle, haven't I ?

Thank you for the update and the photos, David & Philip !

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Ranjit
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#31 Posted : 12 July 2021 12:00:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I probably should add some more photos, there's much more than what can be seen in those two.
Offline PJMärklin  
#32 Posted : 12 July 2021 12:27:47(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
I probably should add some more photos, there's much more than what can be seen in those two.

David,

We did get the impression that Joachim's capacity was boundless, as implied in the caption Wink

Regards,

Philip
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline H0  
#33 Posted : 12 July 2021 15:56:56(UTC)
H0

Tom, what is the "bonus system" at LokMuseum all about. Why is it complicated, but fair?
The German page describing their bonus system is here:
https://www.lokmuseum.de...system.php?Wg1=&Wg2=
I hope Google translations make sense.

My experience with ETS: Items marked "LA" were theoretically in stock somewhere, not necessarily at ETS, when the website was updated. Several times I got "not available" replies when ordering LA items.
Sometimes they split a single order into three parcels and charge postage for each.

Dealers I still order from include MBS Fischer, LokMuseum, Licht, MSL, and Modellbahn Union.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Ranjit  
#34 Posted : 12 July 2021 17:53:22(UTC)
Ranjit

Some completely new, unknown model railway dealers in Germany for me ! Never heard of Modellbahn Union, MBS Fischer and Licht (couldn't find their website !). MBS Fischer is out for me as India does not show up in their list of countries.

Tom, the page that describes LokMuseum's "4-fold bonus system" is highly complicated to say the least ! You are absolutely right about that ! I would need to do a Ph.D. to completely decipher the content ! I like their final word on the bonus system. It says, "In general, only positive bonus results are distributed.". You see, in this system, you can have a "negative bonus" ! Wierd !

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
Offline H0  
#35 Posted : 12 July 2021 20:07:57(UTC)
H0

You see, in this system, you can have a "negative bonus"! Wierd!
It is a bonus system. An internal malus will be 0 for the customer and you will not be penalized. Expect the bonus to be 0 when you order a single 24188 and pay by credit card. Wink

If you didn't find Walter Licht yet:
https://www.modellbahnen...bahn/Modellbahn-Spur-H0/
I'm afraid English is not available in the shop and shipping to India is substantial at € 42.99.
Sometimes prices are lower after logging in...

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#36 Posted : 12 July 2021 22:47:26(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: PJMärklin Go to Quoted Post

We did get the impression that Joachim's capacity was boundless, as implied in the caption

My point was that I thought I'd posted more than those two. Perhaps they are elsewhere.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#37 Posted : 13 July 2021 00:20:17(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
MBS Fischer is out for me as India does not show up in their list of countries.

New Zealand doesn't show in the list of countries on the Joes Modellbahn website either, that doesn't stop me from emailing Joachim when I want to order something.

IIRC the MBS Fischer owner's name is Thomas - he used to trade on ebay as Sahmont-Thomas. The MBS Fischer name on ebay is now modellbau.fischer. You could always send him an ebay message or send an email.

Offline mrmarklin  
#38 Posted : 13 July 2021 01:13:42(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
I have dealt with Matschke since 1993. There was a change of ownership in the early 1990s. One of the owners, Carsten Laag is the head of the MHI as of this writing. He knows all the other dealers of any import in Germany, at least, and if he cannot get an item through his channels it must be rare indeed!
He is the only dealer I use and the biggest reason for this is service. He takes care of his own. He only ships (per my instructions) when the order is EUR 1,000 or more for efficient postage. Postage runs around 4% or so. VAT is always deducted and unfortunately:-) he is always shooting me special offers on unusual items, much like the shop in Munich.

I strongly recommend sticking with one dealer and building a relationship. This is especially helpful if one desires good aftermarket service or locating that one item that is a "must have". Price shopping continually does not build those kind of benefits. AFAIK he ships worldwide.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#39 Posted : 13 July 2021 02:10:29(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The shop seems big enough....

Matschke

https://www.matschke.org/
Offline mvd71  
#40 Posted : 13 July 2021 08:39:04(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
I use Lokshop, and I’ve always found the service good.I had a loco that was slow in shipment recently and Roland was proactive in chasing up DHL, and he followed up when it did arrive.

I would recommend lokshop.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline Gmac  
#41 Posted : 18 July 2021 09:28:20(UTC)
Gmac

New Zealand   
Hi everyone, this question may have already been asked but does anyone by direct from Marklin through their online shop?
I have recently made purchases from Lippi in Germany, Ajckids and rjftrains in the US. Delivery from Texas to New Zealand was incredibly
quick compared to Lippi. UPS from the states was a matter day but DHL from Germany was months, how ever Thomas from Lippi was very
good with chasing it up and it was just a case of playing the waiting game. So at this early stage I definitely recommend Ajckids,
Modellbahnshop Lippi and rjftrains although items from Robert have only just been shipped I found him very informative helpful and
understanding to deal with.
Any way I registered with Marklin online shop and loaded a 7687 module to purchase, loaded credit card details etc but at the last step notice
they didn't seem deduct German sale tax etc like Lippi did so I withdrew the transaction
So again my question is do any marklin-users members by product from Marlin online shop?Mellow

Cheers in advance Graham.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#42 Posted : 18 July 2021 13:34:35(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Gmac Go to Quoted Post

So again my question is do any marklin-users members by product from Marlin online shop?Mellow

Cheers in advance Graham.

I suspect the only items people will buy from there are spare parts (although it is possible to order these through any dealer once you know the part number). The main reason people avoid buying direct from Marklin is the price is always full retail as listed in the German catalogue and on the factory website, where almost every shop will start their pricing with a 10% discount from that, and if you are a reliable purchaser from a shop you will often get a further discount again. Occasionally Marklin will special off hard to shift items at a discount, but it is not very often.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Mman  
#43 Posted : 18 July 2021 14:20:24(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
I used to get spare parts from Modelbahn in Towcester England until he disappeared from adverts, he retired?
Now I need some Z gauge pantograph springs which are not, as far as I can see, listed separately.
Any advice?
Last week I bought a spare pantograph second hand (used) from a reputable dealer in the UK - the spring was missing.
Their customer service was excellent and they gave a full refund without hesitation.
I have other pantos with missing springs also, on locos in my ‘to be refurbished’ box, so I need a few.
ChrisG

Offline kiwiAlan  
#44 Posted : 18 July 2021 18:28:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Mman Go to Quoted Post
I used to get spare parts from Modelbahn in Towcester England until he disappeared from adverts, he retired?

yes he did retire. I recall some of his stock being auctioned a few years ago when he retired.

Offline rmsailor  
#45 Posted : 18 July 2021 18:41:21(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mman Go to Quoted Post

yes he did retire. I recall some of his stock being auctioned a few years ago when he retired.

Sadly, Herr messerschmitt, of Modellbahn died and his wife closed up the business.

Bob M.
Offline STE-BM  
#46 Posted : 18 July 2021 20:38:19(UTC)
STE-BM

United Kingdom   
I recently placed a couple of orders with besserePreise, most time they have very competitive prices, especially c-track elements. Only con that they don’t ship to many countries and the shipping cost is normally around 29€, worth only if the order is sizeable.

Otherwise I tend to find the best prices and service with Lippe. Their point system is also good to get an extra discount or at least cover the shipping cost that normally is around 10-20€.

Personally I found BWBahn less attractive this past few years. Even when there is an offer on a loco if I order it from Lippe with what they charged me for delivery it was not convenient.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by STE-BM
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#47 Posted : 19 July 2021 14:13:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
So again my question is do any marklin-users members buy product from Marklin online shop?

For many years the Marklin Online Shop did not deduct VAT for out of Europe purchases and they charged a minimum of 50€ postage. That meant that a small order for spare parts got rather expensive very quickly.

Check with them first to see if this is still an issue and let us know!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#48 Posted : 19 July 2021 14:18:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

Matschke

The latest report about Matschke is....

Floods at Matschke

https://www.marklin-user...-Belgium-and-Netherlands
Offline kiwiAlan  
#49 Posted : 19 July 2021 16:43:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Matschke

The latest report about Matschke is....

Floods at Matschke

https://www.marklin-user...-Belgium-and-Netherlands

At least the lights are still on ...

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Gmac  
#50 Posted : 21 July 2021 10:28:18(UTC)
Gmac

New Zealand   
So again my question is do any marklin-users members buy product from Marklin online shop?

For many years the Marklin Online Shop did not deduct VAT for out of Europe purchases and they charged a minimum of 50€ postage. That meant that a small order for spare parts got rather expensive very quickly.

Check with them first to see if this is still an issue and let us know!

So I emailed Marklin shop.

I live in Neuseeland if I purchase items from Marklin online shop is the VAT deducted from the list price? Is there a insider club discount?
Can I combine multiple purchases into one freight consignment?

And this is the reply.

VAT is also paid from abroad. Cannot be deducted from the invoice. There is no insider discount for orders from our online shop.
Märklin Customer Service

So I guess the online shop doesn't sell much.Confused

Cheers Graham.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Gmac