Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2021 05:56:37(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I have just received a set of five Märklin 4233/4074 ”Autotransportwagen” cars purchased from eBay.de. The set included 40 very nice BMW autos from Wiking, according to the seller prototype from ”BMW Werk München 1994”. My motivation of having these DB cars on my ”Swiss” layout is of course that they are on transit from Munich for shipping in Genua...

BigGrin

B.t.w., I read in a German article that 12 DB trains are leaving German BMW factories every day, each loaded with between 200 to 220 autos. Also, a total of 60 % of BMW outgoing logistics are delivered by train. Good job there!

Now for my question: How would you propose I fix these Wiking cars in the Märklin 4233/4074 Autotransportwagen? Only the 4233 cars have mechanisms for holding the BMW wheels in place. Is it possible to buy these kind of mechanisms somewhere? Else, I’m thinking of using double-sided tape, but this would be a very ”permanent” solution. The Noch ”Hin-und-weg” glue could maybe be an alternative?

Smile

E5FEB90B-C283-40E6-8E05-BC64F2925774.png
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 10 May 2021 07:37:20(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hag used to market a product called AutoFix, which was designed to hold cars on their car carriers of the BLS.
I think it was like a removable two-sided tape type solution, so it did not leave any permanent marks on the models.
I know that when I was a kid, my mom used the wire from twist ties to affix cars to my CN and CP car carriers from Triang.
Once you stripped off the paper from the twist ties, you can loop it around an axle of the car and then through a hole in the floor of the carrier (if there are any) and then twist to hold in place.
Because the wire is between the tire and the body, it was not visible externally and she had cut the wires so that there was not a residue under the train car floor.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline dominator  
#3 Posted : 10 May 2021 11:22:02(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Blue Tak
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dominator
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2021 12:16:03(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Very nice there, even if colors are all similar. I use tacky dots for figures, just a portion of a dot on one tire holds them.
I know these wagons were issued several times with different vehicles using the same item numbers. I have never seen these cars with them. I have two.They have Opels, Ford's, Audi's, Mitsubishi, Honda by Rietze.
I switch them out, as they aren't new, and privately owned by travelers. My Herpa, Wiking, Rietze, Riko, etc. Vehicles total over 325 now.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline bph  
#5 Posted : 10 May 2021 12:30:05(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
I have just received a set of five Märklin 4233/4074 ”Autotransportwagen” cars purchased from eBay.de. The set included 40 very nice BMW autos from Wiking, according to the seller prototype from ”BMW Werk München 1994”. My motivation of having these DB cars on my ”Swiss” layout is of course that they are on transit from Munich for shipping in Genua...

BigGrin

Now for my question: How would you propose I fix these Wiking cars in the Märklin 4233/4074 Autotransportwagen? Only the 4233 cars have mechanisms for holding the BMW wheels in place. Is it possible to buy these kind of mechanisms somewhere? Else, I’m thinking of using double-sided tape, but this would be a very ”permanent” solution. The Noch ”Hin-und-weg” glue could maybe be an alternative?

Smile

You could try Märklin spare part E250480, originally for 4712. Or something similar, don't know if it actually fits since I don't have the long auto transport cars.
https://www.mke.de/shop/bilder/G_1588864725.JPG
https://www.mke.de/artikeldetails-129-8611-maerklin_h0_250480_haltekeil_keil_set_spritzling_in_braun_neu_e250480_.html
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline PJMärklin  
#6 Posted : 10 May 2021 14:09:50(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post

BigGrin

B.t.w., I read in a German article that 12 DB trains are leaving German BMW factories every day, each loaded with between 200 to 220 autos. Also, a total of 60 % of BMW outgoing logistics are delivered by train. Good job there!

Smile

Hi PeFu,

I do like your ”Autotransportwagen” wagons and cars.

Some such wagons seem to wedge the wheels either side of the dual upright metal ridges located towards the side of the wagon floors, but from your post not yours.
From your post it would seem there are no chocks with the wagons to hold the cars, as in some such wagons.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Whilst there are "temporary" actual glues on the market (including the Noch one you mentioned), my own thoughts would prefer to use double-sided tape (which can be found in a great variety of thickness to suit your situation) or blutack, as Derek ("Dominator") has suggested.

Regards,

PJ
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline JohnjeanB  
#7 Posted : 10 May 2021 14:55:18(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Pefu
I use Hin und Weg Kleber from Noch 61121. https://www.noch.de/de/hin-weg-kleber.html
This is great for all temporary gluing: cars on wagons, driver & heater on steamers, etc.
You remove when you want and it does not leave any residue
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline PeFu  
#8 Posted : 10 May 2021 17:17:18(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post

You could try Märklin spare part E250480, originally for 4712. Or something similar, don't know if it actually fits since I don't have the long auto transport cars.
https://www.mke.de/shop/bilder/G_1588864725.JPG
https://www.mke.de/artikeldetails-129-8611-maerklin_h0_250480_haltekeil_keil_set_spritzling_in_braun_neu_e250480_.html

On the Märklin 4233/4074 ”roadbed” surface, there are unfortunately two rails that restrict the use of those ”haltekeile”, but with the help from your lead, I now found and ordered a number of original items on eBay.de. If required, I will probably use them together with the Noch ”HIn-und-weg” glue.

Cool

F673F8B2-86CD-440F-AE03-2DE38202E8ED.jpeg
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
bph