Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Soarer  
#1 Posted : 10 March 2021 14:48:18(UTC)
Soarer

Sweden   
Hi! I want to change the brightness of the LED:s on the 76394. I have a CS3 and a MS2.
I would be very thankful for any help. /Thomas
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 10 March 2021 17:11:28(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Thomas
I believe this is an "Ausfahtsignal (Exit signal) with 6 LEDs and the driving electronic is located in the signal head: a 2 wire decoder, and LEDs with resistors all located in the tiny signal head. The other part of the electronics is a decoder (MM2) with a relay for current control in stop sections (rail and overhead wire) and a decoder output for the signal head.
This version is the early release from 2003 till 2013. There are no CV programming but only a metal clip with the box for programming.

So if I remember correctly (I had a failing signal of this type very long time ago (2003) so I opened it) there are SMC (Surface Mounted Circuits) mounted with tiny LEDs, resistors, an IC all in a few mm² (may be 10 x 3 mm).
So if you are experienced with SMCs (Large illuminated magnifying glass, special soldering gear with hot air pump, special soldering paste and having SMC components - resistors) and willing to risk destroying your signal you may try changing SMC resistors for smaller values (higher current). Otherwise I recommend you don't. The signal head is assembled by high precision robots so it will be very tricky.
Jean
Offline Soarer  
#3 Posted : 10 March 2021 17:35:12(UTC)
Soarer

Sweden   
Hi, thanks for your suggestion. My hope is that I could fix this by changing CV value, but how? I know how to do that with the 764xx signals, but not with the 763xx.
Soldering is in the far future or not at all.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 10 March 2021 21:09:00(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
The 76394 light signal is only MM2 (no DCC) NOT ONE SINGLE CV and has only a metallic strap in the box to allow its address programming (programming mode with the strap / shunt).

In the new generation signal 76496 (MMS, DCC, MFX), there is one CV (40) to adjust the luminosity but factory setting are at maximum luminosity
See here page 12 to see all CVs https://static.maerklin....46ee63ffbf1591098946.pdf

Cheers
Jean
Offline Soarer  
#5 Posted : 11 March 2021 14:46:13(UTC)
Soarer

Sweden   
Ok, now I understand. Thank you for enlightning me.
Adressprogramming went well.
Offline HadriaGuy  
#6 Posted : 11 March 2021 17:32:29(UTC)
HadriaGuy

United States   
Hi...I don't have a CS2 (just CS1) however I surmise the documentation is exceptionally restricted too.

I guess you need to program a 76xxx sign model? assuming this is the case, attempt to get an english form of the CS1 manuel, I think the programming system is something very similar (I figured out how to program a square sign, which turns out great). remember that you can possibly program a sign when it is as yet bundled (or if not, you need to utilize the little metallic jumper).

how to order pcb online

Edited by user 02 April 2021 00:14:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline JohnjeanB  
#7 Posted : 11 March 2021 17:51:55(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi

The previous generation of Märklin signal (until 2013) were digital (MM2) and analogue.
When still in their package, if you power up and send a command (like for a switch) then the signal will take note of the used address and as soon as you power off and extract the signal it is ready and programmed.

The new generation of signals (not hobby, not start-up) are multi protocols (MM2, DCC, MFX).
When you connect them to your CS1, they will register by themselves using MFX.
Otherwise you may enter the address using the set of switches for DCC and MM2
Cheers
Jean