Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline morsing  
#1 Posted : 24 January 2021 14:42:39(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
Hi,

I tried to dim the too-bright headlight and cab light on a LokPilot v4 model.

Set 31 & 32 to 16 & 0, set 259 to 1, 262 variable and 263 to either 128 or 144. Couldn't get anything to happen.

Changing direction on the loco I realised the rear light had dimmed instead of the front. Tried the above with the rear light CVs, but nothing further happened and I can't even get the rear lights back to full power fiddling with either.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Regards,
Henrik
-----
Modelling west Denmark era IV - possibly with some out-of-place elements!
Marklin C-track + CS3+
12m2 layout to be controlled by RocRail
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 24 January 2021 15:58:00(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: morsing Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I tried to dim the too-bright headlight and cab light on a LokPilot v4 model.

Set 31 & 32 to 16 & 0, set 259 to 1, 262 variable and 263 to either 128 or 144. Couldn't get anything to happen.

Changing direction on the loco I realised the rear light had dimmed instead of the front. Tried the above with the rear light CVs, but nothing further happened and I can't even get the rear lights back to full power fiddling with either.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Regards,
Henrik

Step 1: What is the project number for the file? These decoders are that versatile that CVs don't necessarily match between locos, so you need the project file to work out what needs to be changed.

Step 2: Look at the project file in the Lokprogrammer software - you don't need the Lokprogrammer hardware to install the software. Once you open the project file then you see how the CVs are assigned and work out which ones should be changed.

Offline morsing  
#3 Posted : 24 January 2021 19:44:36(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
Hi Alan,

Well, I'm clearly quite lost...

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Step 1: What is the project number for the file? These decoders are that versatile that CVs don't necessarily match between locos, so you need the project file to work out what needs to be changed.

I have no idea. What file? How do I find this file and the project number?

Step 2: Look at the project file in the Lokprogrammer software - you don't need the Lokprogrammer hardware to install the software. Once you open the project file then you see how the CVs are assigned and work out which ones should be changed.

Is this a file I get out of the CS3? Save file?

Regards,
Henrik
-----
Marklin C-track + CS3+
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 24 January 2021 22:10:35(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: morsing Go to Quoted Post
Hi Alan,

Well, I'm clearly quite lost...

I have no idea. What file? How do I find this file and the project number?

Is this a file I get out of the CS3? Save file?

Regards,
Henrik

I'm more familiar with Loksound than Lokpilot, so thinking in terms of the sound file that gets downloaded, but you clearly don't have that ... Blushing

I'll have to research a bit deeper ... maybe someone else has more experience in this area.

Offline Danlake  
#5 Posted : 25 January 2021 10:07:16(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Henrik,

Go to ESU webpage and search for PC software for Lokprogrammer.

Once installed open a project file for the decoder you have in the loco.

Use the menu to configure the settings you would like.

Then go to one of the last menu item in the software where you can see a complete list of all CV and the values.

Then try and figure out which CV you need to programme using your CS3 (assuming you don’t have the actual lokprogrammer hardware).

Use above method in conjunction with the manual.

PS: remember you can always reset a decoder to factory default by writing value 8 in CV8.

Best Regards
Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline morsing  
#6 Posted : 30 January 2021 13:01:47(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post

Once installed open a project file for the decoder you have in the loco.

Hej Lasse,

I've got LokProgrammer installed but I'm a bit confused about where to get the project file from. On ESU's website I can choose from hundreds of locos, but not generic file that I could find.

Regards,
Henrik
-----
Marklin C-track + CS3+
Offline Danlake  
#7 Posted : 30 January 2021 19:48:48(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Henrik,

The project files you can download on Esu website is for Loksound decoders.

All you need to do is to open Lokprogrammer software - then click open file - open a new project. Choose a generic project that matches the version of your Lokpilot decoder. Have a look in the Lokprogrammer manual under item 8.6.14:

Configuration of outputs (lights and AUX-outputs) (CV 113- CV 120) This parameter allows you to adjust the type and intensity of physical outputs.

The available choices are:

• Dimmer: uniform voltage is available at the output for operating constant functions.

Now you can see all the standard factory settings for your specific decoder. Then play around with the menu and try and use setting for dimming the headlight. Then note down the changes in CV values from clicking on manual CV list menu button. You can even save this list as a seperate text file so you have a reference when programming from your CS3.

Best Regards
Lasse

Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline Danlake  
#8 Posted : 30 January 2021 20:11:30(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Henrik,

I checked your CV settings in your first post with the corresponding manual and they look all correct.

My only comment would be to make sure your programme from CS3 in correct order - that is start setting the index register CV 31 and 32 first before attempting to programme the other CV

Best Regards
Lasse
Offline Goofy  
#9 Posted : 01 February 2021 19:26:48(UTC)
Goofy

I have Roco with Zimo sound decoder.
The only i need to set dimming effect are CV 60 adress and write value.
Done!

Have you tried to read Lokpilot into CS2 or CS3 first?
This must be done first on the programming track and verified decoder.
Then go to configuration and start program by choice any CV adress.
Decoder must still stand on the programming track.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control