Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline harris19  
#1 Posted : 09 January 2021 17:57:36(UTC)
harris19

Greece   
Hello to all of you wishing you happy and healthy new year.
i finally run my ae 6/6 sbb (green) with a set 43385 and i really enjoy it.
i want to add a very nice IMO liliput sbb wagon L388104 it is the only one non marklin i have.
Although is longer than marklins and (for now without lights ) the marklin coupler i am install to the liliputs "pocket" looks too short for coupling the loco .
what is wrong ?
marklin couplers have different lenghts ?
can anybody try to add that different wagons ?
thank you
Harris
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#2 Posted : 09 January 2021 18:42:21(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Make sure you have the longer marklin coupler- I believe they make a few lengths...
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 09 January 2021 20:56:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The 303mm Liliput (Bachmann) coaches have a couple of issues.
1) On some of the models, the coupling shaft is too short and does not extend far enough towards the edge of the coach. If using Märklin's 7203, you may face issues where the buffers and end beam interfere with the coupling. I have found that the Roco Universal Coupler, which has a longer shaft than the Märklin coupler, works better.

2) I have found that the coupling shafts on these Liliput models can too easily retract into the coach body, causing problems during operation.

I have had much better experience using the older original Liliput (Austria) models even though they don't have close couplings and the newer LS Models ones are even better.
Some dealers may still have a quantity of the limited LS Models productions in stock.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 09 January 2021 21:01:30(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The 43385 set has current conducting couplers. You should replace the outer ones with regular Maerklin 7203 couplers

Regards

Mike C
Offline harris19  
#5 Posted : 09 January 2021 21:54:26(UTC)
harris19

Greece   
thank you all,
i used the 7203 and need longer space to couple so i can fit,
mike c you have right i change the back coupler of the loco with roco universal one although they coupled the problems continue with derailments.
i think is better to sell it ??
Also FYI the set 43385 has 2 close couplers , the one coupled with the loco and the end one . the others (4) are current conducting couplers.
After one hour of experimentation i decide that i sell it .
Finally if you have an idea for 1 or 2 addition (i am sure you have ) i will appreciate your opinion either your suggestion.
I have seen video from you with 2 blue wagons (was sleep wagons) and another one from a carpet layout with some otange ones.
Do you remember if they are Marklin and numbers ?
thank you again and stay healthy
Harris
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 10 January 2021 08:40:34(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Here is a random thought. I was giving my SBB lightsteel coaches a run during the last week and my two sets of coaches from the 26534 Set and a first class 23341 (Trix) all had derailment issues. It seems that the coupling shaft was not freely moving from side to side. Check to see whether this might also be the case with your coaches.

The blue coaches were the LS Models Nightjet (OBB) set and the orange ones were Maerklin (43340/42910/42920/42922).

Regards

Mike C
Offline harris19  
#7 Posted : 10 January 2021 09:49:26(UTC)
harris19

Greece   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Here is a random thought. I was giving my SBB lightsteel coaches a run during the last week and my two sets of coaches from the 26534 Set and a first class 23341 (Trix) all had derailment issues. It seems that the coupling shaft the coupling shaft was not freely moving from side to side. Check to see whether this might also be the case with your coaches.

The blue coaches were the LS Models Nightjet (OBB) set and the orange ones were Maerklin (43340/42910/42920/42922).

Regards

Mike C

iit is true the same happend to my set 43385 , i tried to move the coupling shaft by hand from one side to the other end , only from one side comes to the center position freely !!! All of them are new ones so i will go back to my dealer and ask him.
Some issue derailments had with my SBB 460 and wagons 4368 4369 ... the loco manual proposed those cars but when i unboxed i realised that you need to push the buffers to the end of the car in order not to derail (r2 curves)
Anyway thats the game and for another time that is the forum advantage , every member help others , especially me.
stay healthy Mike c
Harris
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 10 January 2021 16:46:47(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
For R1 and R2, its is likely necessary that you have to pop the buffers to the retracted position for safe operation. One other option is to swap out the 7203 couplers for Roco's Universal couplers, which have an extra mm per coupler, which would slightly increase the spacing between coaches, but would probably allow them to clear the buffers on R2.

Regards

Mike C
Offline harris19  
#9 Posted : 10 January 2021 17:27:48(UTC)
harris19

Greece   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
For R1 and R2, its is likely necessary that you have to pop the buffers to the retracted position for safe operation. One other option is to swap out the 7203 couplers for Roco's Universal couplers, which have an extra mm per coupler, which would slightly increase the spacing between coaches, but would probably allow them to clear the buffers on R2.

Regards

Mike C

i will try with Roco 40395 but with Roco 40270 everything seems good , for set 43385 problem got worse . the shafts behave like "semi" stuck
Cool Cool Cool Mad Mad Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
Offline rbw993  
#10 Posted : 10 January 2021 20:33:15(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
I was able to use the Marklin close couplers on a Lilliput coach but I had to remove part of the frame between the buffers. This allows to to swing freely. It is not noticeable.

Roger
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rbw993