Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline oranda  
#1 Posted : 26 December 2020 16:33:08(UTC)
oranda

United Kingdom   
Happy Christmas!

Ive been given a second hand Märklin DB 89 010 which appears to have a default address of 78. That is if it is a märklin item start up model der br 89.9 3000 is correct.

The Märklin notes on this loco suggest it is a mfx item. However my CS3 does not automatically recognise it. Manually registering it as a MM item gets me to it recognised Br 89 010. I can go forward and back but the headlight does not go on and off,

The default ID of 78 conflicts with one of my other locos, but changing the id cause it to be not read from, or more strangely if I accept 78 for the loco's id then both locos are simultaneously controlled.

The BR 89 has a decoder and it has 4 dip switches with dip switch one set to on, and the others set off. Is there something I can do with these. I have no other info on the decoder except that the main ic is labelled nu 70143a , 502950, 4a2070a

I'D like to renumber the address - how?
If it is a mfx device (which I'm starting to doubt) why isn't it automatically registering?
What are the dip switches for?
How can I remove the conflict form the two locos so that each is independently controllable?
Offline scraigen  
#2 Posted : 26 December 2020 16:39:16(UTC)
scraigen

Sounds like a delta decoder, you have to change the dip switches to select the address see this post For 4 switch dip and for For table of 8x switch dip values
Must build something
Offline oranda  
#3 Posted : 26 December 2020 17:55:50(UTC)
oranda

United Kingdom   
Thank you so much scraigen,

that sorted that problem out.

Have you also a cure for a noisy motor - the br 89 makes more noise than my other locomotives put together !

:-)