Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jmallen622  
#1 Posted : 24 December 2020 04:19:05(UTC)
jmallen622

United States   
I have had the Marklin Delta set 29186 for a number of years. For Christmas my son gave me the Marklin 29000 digital starter set.
I removed the top of the engine and set the DIP switches to ON OFF OFF OFF which should give me the DIGITAL Address of 78. Reading the instruction manual received with the starter set I followed how to "Install" the locomotive manually. After doing all this I get nothing. Did I miss something?

Thank You and Merry Christmas
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 24 December 2020 12:53:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: jmallen622 Go to Quoted Post
I have had the Marklin Delta set 29186 for a number of years. For Christmas my son gave me the Marklin 29000 digital starter set.
I removed the top of the engine and set the DIP switches to ON OFF OFF OFF which should give me the DIGITAL Address of 78. Reading the instruction manual received with the starter set I followed how to "Install" the locomotive manually. After doing all this I get nothing. Did I miss something?

Thank You and Merry Christmas

Does the ms2 not have an entry for 29186? That is the easiest way to install the loco.

Also make sure you have the switches in the correct order, and which side is the 'on' position. It is very easy to get both back to front.

Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 28 December 2020 23:20:09(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I wanted to start by making sure that if you are using the MS3 from the 29000 that you are not using the transformer from the 29186 at the same time.

If you press the shift button and the one with the white lok symbol, it will prompt for "Neue Lok". It will then show the option "Aus Datenbank". The scroll until you find 29186.
Now, I am not sure how this works, because you can select one of the possible addresses for a Delta Lok using the dip switches and there is no guarantee that you will pick the same one as in the database. What it will do is to include the type and functions available for that locomotive.
You will then have to press shift and lok again, select "Lok bearbeiten", select "Adresse" and then change the address to the one chosen on the lok. You will also have to ensure that it is set to "MM" and not "DCC". AFAIR you cannot detect a Delta locomotive automatically.

Here is a list of addresses that can be used with Delta decoders and a digital controller and the corresponding switch settings:
https://www.marklin-user...digital/DIdeltaaddr.html

24, 60, 74 and 78 are the most commonly used, because those are the addresses that could be operated by older Delta Controllers.
With a 6021, MS, MS2, CS, CS 2 you can use any of the available addresses, provided that the lok was set to the same address entered into the controller.

Regards

Mike C