Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mvd71  
#1 Posted : 20 December 2020 03:00:44(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
See below for news from Roco last week. They are setting a pretty good standard for customer service. Märklin should take note!!

Shipping problems with DHL
Dear customer,

unfortunately, there are currently massive problems with the delivery of parcels with DHL due to capacity problem. Parcels that have already been prepared and posted for shipment by Modelleisenbahn GmbH are not being processed immediately at DHL due to this extraordinary workload, which means that the status "shipment has been announced electronically " is not updated and the shipment is sometimes delayed by days.

In addition, a few days ago DHL completely stopped shipping parcels to the following countries due to restrictions imposed by the respective partners in Italy, Ireland, Czech Republic, Greece, France, Great Britain and Belgium. To solve this issue ROCO/FLEISCHMANN will switch to another shipping partner (e.g.: UPS, Fedex) in the short term. The additional costs for this will of course be covered by ROCO/FLEISCHMANN.

We are trying to find a quick solution and kindly ask for your understanding!

Best regards,

ROCO/FLEISCHMANN-Team
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 20 December 2020 03:44:04(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Roco announced to dealers in Europe that there will be no shipments between the 18th of December and the 8th of January.

The reason given for this is the annual inventory at their warehouse/facilities and the extra time required to conduct the inventory under CoVID restrictions.

Regards

Mike C
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 20 December 2020 13:00:05(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post
See below for news from Roco last week. They are setting a pretty good standard for customer service. Märklin should take note!!

Shipping problems with DHL
Dear customer,

unfortunately, there are currently massive problems with the delivery of parcels with DHL due to capacity problem. Parcels that have already been prepared and posted for shipment by Modelleisenbahn GmbH are not being processed immediately at DHL due to this extraordinary workload, which means that the status "shipment has been announced electronically " is not updated and the shipment is sometimes delayed by days.

In addition, a few days ago DHL completely stopped shipping parcels to the following countries due to restrictions imposed by the respective partners in Italy, Ireland, Czech Republic, Greece, France, Great Britain and Belgium. To solve this issue ROCO/FLEISCHMANN will switch to another shipping partner (e.g.: UPS, Fedex) in the short term. The additional costs for this will of course be covered by ROCO/FLEISCHMANN.

We are trying to find a quick solution and kindly ask for your understanding!

Best regards,

ROCO/FLEISCHMANN-Team

Strange, I have had no problems getting DHL parcels from Europe to UK just recently (mine took 3 days from Lokshop). maybe the problem is Roco is in Austria ...
Offline rhfil  
#4 Posted : 20 December 2020 13:47:26(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I have had a package coming to the U.S. from Germany stuck at the Frankfurt airport since Dec. 2. Now I understand why. It must be unique to DHL as I had another package with a different vendor shipped the same day at least make it to U.S. customs.
Offline Copenhagen  
#5 Posted : 20 December 2020 14:15:00(UTC)
Copenhagen

What's the basis for accusations and slander against Maerklin?
Offline PJMärklin  
#6 Posted : 20 December 2020 21:37:30(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
I have had a package coming to the U.S. from Germany stuck at the Frankfurt airport since Dec. 2. Now I understand why. It must be unique to DHL as I had another package with a different vendor shipped the same day at least make it to U.S. customs.

Sounds familiar.
My parcel from MSL by DHL stuck in Frankfurt Since Dec 3.
Offline mvd71  
#7 Posted : 21 December 2020 05:08:18(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post

There was no accusation or slander, just a comment on Roco’s customer service being pretty good and that Märklin should note what their competitor has done.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 21 December 2020 06:58:05(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
I have had a package coming to the U.S. from Germany stuck at the Frankfurt airport since Dec. 2.

If only......!

I've got one showing it was in Frankfurt on 12 November....

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Legless  
#9 Posted : 21 December 2020 07:57:55(UTC)
Legless

Australia   
I know the feeling, 7 Nov.
Legless
Era's 1 to 111,C track,k track
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Legless
Offline kimballthurlow  
#10 Posted : 21 December 2020 08:40:37(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
.... a comment on Roco’s customer service being pretty good and that Märklin should note what their competitor has done.

Hello Michael

I very much doubt that this statement from Roco is anything to do with their customer service ability.
There are problems with shipping logistics in many places for obvious reasons which are completely outside the control of manufacturers.

All manufacturers of all sorts of goods will be doing their utmost to maximize their delivery capability.
This will mean changing services as and when appropriate.
My business copes with international delivery (in and out) by the same means.
Märklin would be doing the same unless you have evidence to the contrary.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 21 December 2020 08:48:05(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
While I agree with you fully Kimball, I think Mike is coming from the viewpoint of commenting re the good communication coming out of Roco.

I can't say one way or the other whether the same applies to Marklin or not.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline river6109  
#12 Posted : 21 December 2020 09:29:14(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
My parcel from Modellbahn Union is not going anywhere because I keep on adding spare parts to the order.
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Copenhagen  
#13 Posted : 21 December 2020 10:49:06(UTC)
Copenhagen

Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post

There was no accusation or slander, just a comment on Roco’s customer service being pretty good and that Märklin should note what their competitor has done.

Have you looked at Märklin's webshop? It clearly states that deliveries are delayed because of the pandemic. It also says that for shipping outside of Germany they use three different companies.
Just because you've received an email from Roco you can't conclude that they're doing a better job than Märklin.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Copenhagen