Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline NicoNumberFour  
#1 Posted : 07 December 2020 12:26:42(UTC)
NicoNumberFour

France   
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I have an old digital system because I had no time those past years for train modelling.

Now, I have time again, and I want (need !) to upgrade my digital system, and I would like to make it on my own using Arduino, instead of buying a CS3 or mobile stations

I have already found a lot of information, and everything is quite clear in my head about my needs an what I have to do, but there is a last "little" problem.

Here is what I imagine :
- Use of a marklin rail connection box 60113 (or 60116, the new generation)
- Use of an Arduino with CAN shield linked to the box
- Use of Desktop Station
- Make S88 and accessories decoder to control signals and rail switches

Generally, there are no problems with MM2 and DCC locs and from what I have read, the latests versions of Desktop Station with railuino library are handling MFX locs as well (with registration of new locs)

But one of the main limitation seems to be electrical power : 60113 connection box is limited to 32VA, assuming one loc is using approximately 10VA, that meens a maximum of 3 locs.

But Marklin boosters seems only beeing compatible with CS or mobile station (and the boosters CAN bus seems to be different from the CAN between mobile station or Arduino and the 60113 box. And boosters from other brands (example : LDT-DB4), are specified as "MFX compatible" but from my understanding, you can only send commands to locs, and with such boosters, the "up" way is not functionnal, you can't retrieve information from locs, and therefore not proceed to its registration through a booster. I had the idea to connect many 60113 boxes, but Marklin says in the user manuel, not to.

So, here is the status of my needs : how to have more power with arduino/60113 box, without having to buy a mobile or central station for locs registrations or cv registers consultation.

I have already made lots of research on Internet, but not found any answer to that problematic at this time

Hope someone will be able to help me !
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 07 December 2020 13:16:19(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Nico
Welcome to our forum.
Sorry I can't help you on this question you have but I am sure others will.
I searched and found this topic https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=655174.0
I am a Marklinist from Paris region, operating with Rocrail and a CS2 with a 5 A power supply.
Check also the Rocrail Forum as there are Arduino topics in the forum (You have to register but that's a piece of cake): https://forum.rocrail.net/viewto...3f1860c141f34763c2d999d3
The Rocrail English and German forums are very supportive & powerful while the French one is a bit weaker

Cheers
Jean