Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#1 Posted : 28 September 2020 00:19:52(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi everyone,

A relevant but perhaps unusual question for you all: have any idea for safe/proper storage of empty boxes?

I have the bulk of my collection (all of it minus freight cars and some odds/ends) finally going into display cases, which I'm extremely excited about, but now I am staring at a large pile of empty boxes on the floor. I have room up high on shelves in the garage to keep them, and was packing them into a few large cardboard outer boxes, but I thought I'd ask:

Is there a good/best practice for long term storage of boxes? Between cardboard and the plastic cradles I'd assume so, and am open to ideas. Silica packets appear an option, but they my be too small/not last long enough?

The garage is dry, enclosed, and in mild northern California climate, but not climate or humidity-controlled

Just curious if anyone has some good advice,
-John

SBB Era 2-5
Offline Danlake  
#2 Posted : 28 September 2020 10:30:00(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi John,

I keep mine in big plastic storage boxes that has proper clip on lid and then stacked away under the layout in my garage, which is insulated but not climate control. So far no issues.

All the boxes for tracks and solenoids etc. I have open completely open and flatten and then stacked in plastic storage boxes as well (the type that is not very tall), just in case I one day need to sell some of it.

Best Regards

Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Danlake