Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Best Ripper  
#1 Posted : 17 September 2020 21:11:02(UTC)
Best Ripper

Bulgaria   
Hi everybody. I have problem with programing Marklin sound decoder. I'm using Marklin decoder 60975 with build-in sounds for steam loco. As these sounds are not specified for desired loco I downloaded needed sound package from Marklin's web site. Updating the firmware and new sounds were without errors and problems but after that I found that main motor sound is working only at acceleration of loco! When loco reachs to setted speed, sound disappears. All other sounds are OK. The original sound in 60975 decoder is not dying. I'm using Marklin Programmer 60971 and new .mdtp files. Where may be the problem? I tried several different sound packages as I have 3 locos for update and all is the same. The same is with 60977 decoder. Angry
Offline ktsolias  
#2 Posted : 17 September 2020 22:55:00(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
This mean that there is no communication (feedback) from the motor.
I had this problem and I have so far find to cases

1. Check is the loco type on the decoder is correct
2. Cut off all the small capacitors that are on the motor shield except the one that is between the two poles of the motor. All the others (very common in earlier locomotives even digital ones) between the motor poles and the ground must gone.

Regards

Costas
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline Best Ripper  
#3 Posted : 18 September 2020 08:44:44(UTC)
Best Ripper

Bulgaria   
Hi Costas. Here is a picture of one loco - Marklin BR01.10 Oel. It was with old ESU LokSound 3.0 M4 OEM decoder which was damaged. As you can see there aren't small capacitors, only one between two motor poles.
IMG_20200918_092956.jpg
Type of loco is set correctly in decoder but no sound. I upload sound several times, made some changes in settings /remove two sounds because factory sounds were for coal variant and activated one AUX function for extra lights/ but motor sound never was heard after accelerating.
Offline bph  
#4 Posted : 18 September 2020 10:57:03(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Hi
Have you done a calibration run?
(make sure you have selected the right motor first, c90)
Offline Best Ripper  
#5 Posted : 18 September 2020 12:13:01(UTC)
Best Ripper

Bulgaria   
No. I didn't do calibration run but will try. I tried changing motor state to 5 (DC soft) and 3 (c90) even 2 (unregistered motor) but nothing. I took advice to remove drossel (brown item in the picrure) but no change.
Offline bph  
#6 Posted : 18 September 2020 13:09:28(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Hi
After calibration, you can also try adjusting the following parameters. (at your own risk).
There might be other parameters also, but I leave those parameters in default.
Others here might have more experience with this.
Running_sound.jpg
Offline mbarreto  
#7 Posted : 18 September 2020 14:28:58(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Maybe try to solder the brown to the conducting springs that get the rail voltage instead of the motor frame?

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline ktsolias  
#8 Posted : 18 September 2020 18:14:39(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Finally I find the solution.

1. I try to program a 60975 with mDT3 ver 3.4.1 = I got your results: no running sounds actually.
2. I remembered that I haven't done any programming with mDT3 ver 3.4.1 = Possible software problem
3. Uninstall the mDT3 ver 3.4.1.
4. Find the set-up file of the previous version 3.4.0 (I find it as zip in the folder "Downloads")
5. Install the ver 3.4.0
6. I then reprogramed the same decoder with the same .mdtp file
7. VICTORY everything is FINE

So the problem is a bug in the latest version of mDT3 software. CAN YOU HEAR Märklin???

In case that you can't find the file "mDecoderTool3-v340-Setup.zip" I can e-mail it to you

Best regards

Costas
Offline JohnjeanB  
#9 Posted : 18 September 2020 18:22:22(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Costas
The last s/w version has been removed by Märklin. I have the version 3.4.0 which proposes me a new version to download. If I agree, then no download happens. So Märklin knows there is a bug and propose a new version that does not exists yet.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Best Ripper  
#10 Posted : 18 September 2020 19:52:02(UTC)
Best Ripper

Bulgaria   
You won't believe guys. I solved the problem. Even with mDT3 ver 3.4.1 LOL . Bad f*cking factory sound files!!! After more than 2 weeks trying with original .mdtp files (for BR01 and BR03) I downloaded a Marklin project mSD3.mdtp. It's was loaded with running sound of BR18.5. Never the less I upload this file in decoder for BR01 and what???? It WORKED PERFECT! No any settings, no loosing sound, no any problems!!! So I sent to hell Marklin "factory bomb" and began to create a new project upon this file! At first I removed running sound of BR18.5 and changed it with BR01.10 from Markllin library of sounds... And..... ALL was best.. After that I begin to add functions and sounds in my project and all was good!!! Now decoders has more than 10 sounds and working OK.

So guys be very carefull with ready Marklin's sound files!!! Flapper
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Best Ripper