Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 13 August 2020 19:57:05(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
About three or four years ago I pressed buy on impulse on Ebay for a brand new Norwegian Shunter 36334 on a BW Bahn Saturday promotion/auction. If fitted with nothing I already had but I would make the following statement to the jury 1) it looked nice 2) it was cheap and very good against the list price 3) its digital function were limited to lights but when your as deaf as me that hardly matters.

It arrived and a new item had also arrived from MSL so it got little attention. The few times I operated it it seemed a little "stiff". During lock down boredom I tried it out on the layout and it hardly moved. A light oiling per manual did nothing to improve matters. the manual appears not to want you to go further and take the body off.

Any suggestions or experience with this little fella?
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 14 August 2020 00:17:36(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
It suggests to me that old oil from factory may have coagulated a little. Take the top off & investigate. See if the axles move East to West easily. Then see if you can look at the area where the Worm drive is. In that section grease is used & it may have gone a little solid over time. You may need to clean this with an appropriate solvent & then re-grease. See how you go with that & let us know. I can see why you bought the loco. It presents well.

https://static.maerklin....5b86e88d4a1434542028.pdf
D.A.Banks
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dave Banks
Offline g-gekko  
#3 Posted : 14 August 2020 18:45:33(UTC)
g-gekko

Norway   
I have a 36334 that works ok. I searched a Norwegian forum for this problem. It seems to be a well known one on this model. Two metal clamps that are holding the engine together are a little bit too tight. Release the tension a little seems to help. (It is not the two black plastic clamps that are holding the engine in posistion.)

It is correct that this model comes from the factory with very limited light functions. The only light function is shunting signal with marker lights front and rear on (aux1 and aux2). However, you can program other functions too. Light forward and light backward have another intesity than aux1 and aux2. Aux3 and Aux4 is connected to a PCB with red lights in the top of the drivers cab. The red marker light in the drivers cab is not prototypical correct in Norway. One day I will try to swap them with yellow ones (or even better - all the lights warmwhite). Then it will be possible to give the correct tripple A signal for line duty as well as shunting signal. Images of the real locomotive is here: https://ww.jernbane.net/...ubpage.php?s=4&u=390
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by g-gekko
Offline Dave Banks  
#4 Posted : 15 August 2020 01:37:05(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Can you elaborate exactly which are the two screws that are causing the problem via the static parts diagram which # numbers you are referring to please.
D.A.Banks
Offline g-gekko  
#5 Posted : 15 August 2020 18:45:22(UTC)
g-gekko

Norway   
I opened up my 36334 and compared with the description on http://forum.mjf.no/

36334.JPG

It must be the two metal clamps in red circle that it refers to that can be adjusted briefly to make the engine run better if they are too tight.

28348.jpg

It is only the two black plastic pieces that are holding the engine in posistion. I would check if the gears are alligned properly and remove the engine to see if it moves around freely - eventually adjust the clamps briefly if it doesn't.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by g-gekko