Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rustya  
#1 Posted : 12 July 2020 02:35:24(UTC)
rustya

United States   
Can anyone tell me the major differences between the 108 and 208 titan lighting transformers/ I have 2 of the 208's and they work great. Been looking for 2 more, a little hard to find. I have found a 108 that is 50/60 hertz 220 60v 4amp out put. It has almost the same out put as the 208's, but they aren't dual hertz. I have found several 50 hertz in europe , but all of them are 50 hertz, so they won't work in the USA.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rustya
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 12 July 2020 02:55:32(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: rustya Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone tell me the major differences between the 108 and 208 titan lighting transformers/ I have 2 of the 208's and they work great. Been looking for 2 more, a little hard to find. I have found a 108 that is 50/60 hertz 220 60v 4amp out put. It has almost the same out put as the 208's, but they aren't dual hertz. I have found several 50 hertz in europe , but all of them are 50 hertz, so they won't work in the USA.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

The frequency (Hertz) does not matter with basic Transformers. Only with Motors and some electronics.

Whatever AC frequency goes in to the trafo will be the same coming out. The windings only step down (or up) the Voltage but not the AC cycles.

The fact that some are labelled 50/60 and others aren't is probably more to do with their intended market.

The Voltage is what you need to pay close attention to, 115v for the US vs. 220v - 240v for Europe and the rest of the world (and where available in the US).

BigGrin
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 12 July 2020 11:32:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

The frequency (Hertz) does not matter with basic Transformers. Only with Motors and some electronics.

I would be careful using a transformer that was listed as 60Hz on a 50Hz main, as it may run hot as it could be too low an inductance to limit magnetising current at 50Hz.

But going the other way, running a transformer rated at 50Hz on 60Hz will be fine.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan