Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline SteamNut  
#1 Posted : 11 June 2020 13:44:06(UTC)
SteamNut

United States   
Wisconsin just partially reopened and I went to revisit a hobby shop there. They are not a Marklin dealer but they do have a few items and they are marked down in price. It is called Hiawatha Hobbies in Waukesha, Wisconsin. It is a fully stocked shop from doll house items to RC control planes and cars. Their web site is Hiawathahobbies.com and they may have a item or two you might want. I still do not understand that hobby shop and pubs were declared non-essential businessBigGrin
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by SteamNut
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#2 Posted : 11 June 2020 16:26:55(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
While we are chatting WI, my personal favorite dealer for all things non Marklin is South Side Trains in Milwaukee. I've been a customer for about 15 years now (since Tom was actually at Sommerfelds trains down the road- another nice shop specializing in O scale!). I buy almost everything that isn't european here. The beauty of the shop is they are local to walthers, so even special order items obtained via walthers are in hand and on the way within the week.

Of course the downside is they don't stock Marklin.

The other shop Sommerfelds, is pretty cool and worth a look, although I should caveat I haven't physically been there in a decade
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mmervine  
#3 Posted : 11 June 2020 19:03:13(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
John-I have had the good fortune to visit South Side trains a few times as they are very close to MKE. I have been able to stop in on my way to the airport. Sometimes he does have some used Marklin and other European trains.
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mmervine
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 11 June 2020 19:22:16(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: mmervine Go to Quoted Post
John-I have had the good fortune to visit South Side trains a few times as they are very close to MKE. I have been able to stop in on my way to the airport. Sometimes he does have some used Marklin and other European trains.

Indeed, these days he seems to sell them "ebay only", but they go through there for sure. A great shop.
SBB Era 2-5
Offline skeeterbuck  
#5 Posted : 12 June 2020 13:09:13(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
I too have dealt with South Side Trains but through Ebay only as I'm half way across the country from them. Last year I was the winning bidder on two Fleischmann 3 Rail AC steam engines and just recently a used 6646 transformer for testing purposes. I had an older blue plastic Märklin transformer, but I don't want to use it if the engine has a decoder for fear of the reversing voltage frying the circuitry. Both transactions went very well.