Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Brian_BR96  
#1 Posted : 27 May 2020 22:40:42(UTC)
Brian_BR96

United States   
Hi all,

I'm getting back into Marklin and I'm trying to add two home signals so I can run two trains at once. I have a small analog setup with some older trains using a 6646 transformer and C track. I have a 72710 control box for my turnouts and I'm trying to see which signals are compatible with that control box.

I'd like to use a newer signal, if possible. The 76391 is in the current catalog, but it looks like it needs a different control box due to the connector, and that control box won't work with my transformer, because of the connector. My question is can I snip off 76391's connector and use a 74043 wiring set instead? Or am I better off finding a couple old 7241 signals on ebay? Or is there a better option?

The 72710 is listed as a "turnout/signal" controller, and I'm wondering which signals in the current catalog it's designed to control. Wish there was a "compatible items" tab in the online catalog.

It seems like there's a million options now compared to when I was younger. Searching the web and reading up on all the users manuals only got me so far, so I thought I'd ask!