Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kiwiAlan  
#1 Posted : 07 May 2020 02:45:55(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Maybe then i could be like Rod Stewart and hire an extra room while in lock down, and have a bunch of cabin trunks with modelling equipment to while away the time ...

I will have been in NZ at least 3 months before we get to start to head back to the UK.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 07 May 2020 04:01:05(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Maybe then i could be like Rod Stewart and hire an extra room while in lock down, and have a bunch of cabin trunks with modelling equipment to while away the time ...

I will have been in NZ at least 3 months before we get to start to head back to the UK.

Well, looking at the UK statistics, you're possibly rather glad to be here all things considered?

Although your UK place of abode is certainly not a hot-spot and as good a place as any in the UK
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 07 May 2020 05:06:00(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Keep calm and carry on
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 07 May 2020 12:27:05(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

Well, looking at the UK statistics, you're possibly rather glad to be here all things considered?

Although your UK place of abode is certainly not a hot-spot and as good a place as any in the UK

Yeah, we are glad to be here in terms of what Covid-19 is doing to the UK, but the cabin fever is brewing well here despite the decent size of space and comfort. And the nearby town of Abingdon in the UK has as many deaths as the whole of NZ ... Scared OhMyGod

But thankfully our own town has no fatalities from Covid, but I don't have any figures for infections.

But it is all the thumb twiddling doing nothing much but browsing various forums and mail groups. There is only so many times one can browse Trademe and eBay (of various nationalities) finding nothing of interest (although I did find some Primex buildings on ebay.co.uk).

There is only so much TV to watch (and the limited number of NZ Freeview channels is very limited in its programming, with TV1 & TV2 carrying a lot of UK programs that we don't watch anyway).

Still, our hosts daughter was in New York, and as things started to go pear shaped there she was in a position to high tail it to NZ and had to self isolate in a separate cottage here.

So back to being a pool boy I guess, once the pump is repaired and our host gets some more chemicals in, but it is too cold to swim in.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Rwill  
#5 Posted : 07 May 2020 13:40:38(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

And apparently if you are a fat, black London male you would be better off sleeping rough in Wuhan Market.