Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline atdj1997  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2020 22:01:40(UTC)
atdj1997

Denmark   
Hi!

Just got the DR5000 in today, and starting using it with my C-Track system....
Unfortneadly I cannot get my Marklin trains to get to work... Glare

Im aware of that I might not can use the Delta Trains with DCC Control, but the MFX should work as I know?
I use the 16V PSU that comes with the DR5000, can I not use this as it is DC and not AC?
(It works fine with my ESU train, and I could get some power on the NYC Train)

Im having a other with ESU Decode, that works fine. BigGrin

The trains im having is:
1x New York Central "Alco PA", from the startset No:29575 (Mfx/Dipswitch 10-pin decoder)
1x DR160 from startset no; 29820 (MFX - No Dipswitch)
1x BR 50 DB from startset no; 29820 (MFX - No Dipswitch)
1x 12x from startset no; 29805 (DELTA - Dipswitch)
1x Small train (DELTA - Dipswitch)

Trying with the NYC train, with diffrent DipSwitches, but nothing has worked - tried some diffrent tabels for the "Adressing" bush nothing worked...
And the same with DR1600, I tried to set the address thru CV, with no success...

Pls give me some sort of hint about what to do...
Im know that some of the trains won't work with DCC, but some of them might?Confused

Cheers
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 16 April 2020 22:31:41(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi

AFAK Märklin make MFX since many years (12 years?) but only very recently (2 to 3 years?) included decoders that may accept DCC (only if the settings are good).
All recent M locos understand DCC and so the mSD3 and mLD3.
Sorry but it may be that quite a number of your locos can only MM2 and MFX. Your DR5000 can only DCC but no MFX, MM2 I think. Sorry for the bad news
PS I checked all your numbers and none (Checking on Märklin wedsite) can DCC)
Cheers
Jean
Offline bph  
#3 Posted : 18 April 2020 00:26:53(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Hi
Since the DR5000, apparently does not speak MM or mfx, I suggest you try to return the controller and gent one that at least can handle mm in addition to dcc the protocol. Most likely you can run all your Marklin on MM, but if possible, get a controller that also can do mfx.
here is a list of digital centrals https://modellbahn.mahrer.net/technisches/zentralen/

Your other option is to upgrade the non dcc decoders, in all your locomotives. Or you can hope that they release an update (in the future) to the DR5000 so it can handle mm and mfx protocols…..

Hope you manage to sort this out
best of luck.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline atdj1997  
#4 Posted : 18 April 2020 01:17:18(UTC)
atdj1997

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post
Hi
Since the DR5000, apparently does not speak MM or mfx, I suggest you try to return the controller and gent one that at least can handle mm in addition to dcc the protocol. Most likely you can run all your Marklin on MM, but if possible, get a controller that also can do mfx.
here is a list of digital centrals https://modellbahn.mahrer.net/technisches/zentralen/

Your other option is to upgrade the non dcc decoders, in all your locomotives. Or you can hope that they release an update (in the future) to the DR5000 so it can handle mm and mfx protocols…..

Hope you manage to sort this out
best of luck.

Thanks for the input!
Im getting more and more aware of getting the DR5000 wasn't the right choice for me..... Im looking into a C2 og C3 now, so I can get my "old" trains to work within this...

Thanks for your time! Really appearance this!
Cheers from DK