Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline avio  
#1 Posted : 11 March 2020 01:42:29(UTC)
avio

Italy   
Hi to all:
I have a precise question related to the positioning of specific task symbols on the layout scheme in the CS3... is that possible? and what is the procedure that I should be following?

With my CS2, everything is clear... after creating a ‘task’, the related task symbol can be placed on the graphic layout quite easily... and that of course facilitate enormously all automatic operation such as switching all the necessary switches and signals in order for example to open the access to truck no. 1...
at this point, in the CS2, I will place the specific related task symbol placed on truck no.1 and when necessary I will click in it and all the operations will be executed... visually and practically perfect.....
Now, on the CS3, I well understood and create graphic layouts and automation tasks, but I have not seen and or found any reference on how I can place any specific task to be executed on the layout... so, at the moment, the only way I have in order to execute an automatic task, is to ‘open’ the page that contains all the memorized tasks and go through all of them in order to find the one that I need to activate...complicated, visually not friendly at all, almost useless, especially if you have many saved tasks.
I really believe that the option to be able to position any task on the graphic layout is available, but so far, I have not found it... So, here I am to ask if anyone can help me on this...
many thanks, Avio
Offline siroljuk  
#2 Posted : 11 March 2020 14:47:17(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: avio Go to Quoted Post
the only way I have in order to execute an automatic task, is to ‘open’ the page that contains all the memorized tasks and go through all of them in order to find the one that I need to activate...complicated, visually not friendly at all, almost useless, especially if you have many saved tasks.

Hello.

There is at least one easy way:

Just put one contact into the header of route( task) and make that route(task) conditional.

Then put that contact on the your layout screen Name it as you will and there it is, Button or what ever contact trigger which con start your task( route)BigGrin BigGrin
'
Problem is that you cannot make beautiful pictures on that trigger though.

Regards
Jukka
Offline avio  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2020 01:47:23(UTC)
avio

Italy   
Hi Jukka
this is a good way around and it can works well
Even if the ‘contact’ do not in reality exist, if I put that ‘conditional’ it will activate any sequence, just when I touch on that symbol on the screen... BigGrin
Just as a matter of curiosity... why do you think, Marklin has removed the ability to be able to place ‘tasks not activated by ‘contacts’ on the layout scheme? on the CS2, it is working so well and makes tasks available just on the right position where that particular task need to be activated........

thank you and regards
Avio
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by avio
Offline siroljuk  
#4 Posted : 12 March 2020 07:46:38(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.
I'm glad you got workaround run.
I think Märklin is working at the time for new capabilities for all digital devices. As I have been active in studying Märklin Digital devices for about ten years I believe that more fine functions are coming for Märklin Digital Family. Cool
We have to be patience and work with what we have today and be hopeful what might come tomorrow.ThumpUp ThumpUp

I have studied also Windigipet-software which is HUGE and which have many many functions that Märklin Digital family don't at the time.OhMyGod

I hope for all members all the best for coming times when the Whole World is Up Site Down because of this New Pandemia.

Regards Jukka

Edited by user 12 March 2020 13:48:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline avio  
#5 Posted : 12 March 2020 16:59:57(UTC)
avio

Italy   
Hi Jukka
yes, you are right on what you are saying about the digital World of marklin right at this moment on time. Blink
I think that they will certainly come out soon with some new solution that is involving not only the software but also the hardware.
I will love to see something more advanced in what we can define INTERNAL GPS POSITIONING SYSTEM, where everything can be recognized using transmitters and receivers, just as we can see into systems like ‘Games on Truck’, but probably Marklin will never get that far.

many thanks and regards again

Avio