Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Michael4  
#1 Posted : 02 March 2020 11:05:42(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
So, on my M analogue track I have loops with passing places allowing trains running in the opposite directions to pass each other using contact tracks and signals.

Because analogue locos rarely run at anything like the same speed I have been using two controllers (6699) one for each direction, both powered by the same trafo 6631. This should be OK because only one will be powered at any one time and keeps the number of trafos used down.

Power to the track switches from one to the other when the signals are operated using switch 7045.

Very strange things happen. Locos crawl and then accelerate by themselves or simply sit there humming.

In an earlier post I mentioned that powering a 6699 from the same trafo as a turntable made a loco on the turntable appear to judder when power to it was off.

Wired in a straightforward way to a simple circuit 6699 works very well indeed.

Am I to assume that 6699, described as an 'Electronic Controller' does not like being used in conjunction with 'old fashioned' analogue devices? Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Offline Michael4  
#2 Posted : 03 March 2020 15:53:04(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
Switched control to two normal 6631 and have saved the 6699s for something else. It all works properly now.

So I think 6699 can simply be described as 'fussy'.