Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#1 Posted : 06 January 2020 22:09:59(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Hello everyone: well, after more than twenty years since first seeing this set in the window of my favorite shop in Germany, I finally purchased it! With the interior details already present, the wagons are begging for passengers -- and lighting. I've seen a video where someone added both, but a casual glance has me wondering: 1) how do I open the wagons and 2) is there a lighting kit anyone can recommend? I'm thinking removing the ladders is a good place to start at getting inside, but I don't see any way of adding a standard lighting kit. (I know that Maerklin didn't mention one in their brochure or catalog for this particular set.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eurobahnfan
Offline mrmarklin  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2020 23:58:05(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: Eurobahnfan Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone: well, after more than twenty years since first seeing this set in the window of my favorite shop in Germany, I finally purchased it! With the interior details already present, the wagons are begging for passengers -- and lighting. I've seen a video where someone added both, but a casual glance has me wondering: 1) how do I open the wagons and 2) is there a lighting kit anyone can recommend? I'm thinking removing the ladders is a good place to start at getting inside, but I don't see any way of adding a standard lighting kit. (I know that Maerklin didn't mention one in their brochure or catalog for this particular set.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I don't think Marklin made anything for these cars as to lighting. The battery powered ones would be simplest to install.

Marklin made some lighting kits for some of the shorter cars at one time, but they were so fiddly about installation, that they were discontinued.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#3 Posted : 08 January 2020 01:54:27(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
I was leaning toward Train Tech or something similar... I think Martin in the ETE Sacramento Chapter used a battery system. Now to take a closer look at how to open them up :)