Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline geir  
#1 Posted : 14 December 2019 15:23:38(UTC)
geir

Norway   
Hi
What does it mean when the text below the switch is grey/ white?
What does it mean when the switch is yellow?
How cam I see if 2 switches have the same adresse
When I try to add a new switch ,the adresse get red even there is a lot of free slots/terminal on the s88AC.article list_LI.jpg
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 14 December 2019 22:00:35(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: geir Go to Quoted Post
What does it mean when the text below the switch is grey/ white?

As shown, you must have a Track board "area" that you have defined with background colour of Grey. An article that is placed in that area will show on the keyboard/edit screen with the colour of its host area

Quote:
What does it mean when the switch is yellow?

This indicates that the Sensor is currently active,
OR has been manually set active by tapping it

Note: unfortunately (of by design) , when in edit mode and touching an item to select it for view/edit of its details, the items state will be seen to toggle its state even if that is not relevant.
This may be useful for turnouts/signals while you are setting them up and testing them. the purpose for sensors in this case is spurious/debatable HOWEVER it is applying a consistent policy which is something

A point to note is that if an item (sensor) is red = poorly configured, tapping it will "appear" to bring it to life - this is false logic

Quote:
How can I see if 2 switches have the same address

Possibly the quickest way is to set the the sort order as ""by address", as I see you have done in the image, and walk through the items clicking them and seeing what address they show

HOWEVER - a full address includes its hosting device - see below

Quote:
When I try to add a new switch ,the address get red even there is a lot of free slots/terminal on the s88AC

Your image does not show this...

HOWEVER there is a (what I call a bug) with the "Add article" function which does not behave as one might expect.
If you have multiple Sensor hosts (e.g. CS2, L88s, CS3) and you use the "+" on the main keyboard or the Edit->Add item to start the "new S88" process, the screen you are presented with , "appears to be " that of the host of the S88 port that you last added.

If you (first) alter the target host and then use the internal " Add" function, The "name" sequencing continues on from that of the original hosted area

On the other hand , if you use the "Switch function" - which moves the sensor to a new host, then the "next address" of the first host will be retained BUT may very well be in conflict , with the use of that address on the host it is moved to.

A few too may UX bugs to go into here.... I can only suggest doing one edit at a time and check it has stick (correct host)
Peter
Offline geir  
#3 Posted : 14 December 2019 22:32:13(UTC)
geir

Norway   
Hi and thanks clapcott