Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cookee_nz  
#1 Posted : 06 December 2019 00:43:58(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Hi all,

Attending a Xmas function at work (HP) in Auckland and saw some sample prints from one of our 3D colour printers - HP Jet Fusion 580.

I was particularly taken by this one shown. Close up of course and you can see it's not yet 'model' quality as we know it, but it's certainly getting there.

But the subject matter is what caught my attention, a neat little 'diorama' almost. It's actual size is about 3 x 3" square and maybe 2" - 3" high. All printed in one process.

Some other samples include items that you would swear were made of rubber, like a soft springy plastic. Very exciting to think what's on the horizon and where it will be a just a very short time.

Model.jpg

Model1.jpgModel2.jpg

Model3.jpgModel4.jpg

Model5.jpg

Edited by user 06 December 2019 04:48:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2019 07:15:36(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Attending a Xmas function at work (HP) in Auckland and saw some sample prints from one of our 3D colour printers - HP Jet Fusion 580.

I was particularly taken by this one shown. Close up of course and you can see it's not yet 'model' quality as we know it, but it's certainly getting there.

But the subject matter is what caught my attention, a neat little 'diorama' almost. It's actual size is about 3 x 3" square and maybe 2" - 3" high. All printed in one process.

Some other samples include items that you would swear were made of rubber, like a soft springy plastic. Very exciting to think what's on the horizon and where it will be a just a very short time.

Wow, that certainly is nice. But the bit that impresses me most is it seems to have made the underground bit without needing to have support pillars for the road surface while printing - or is it printed as multiple parts that are then assembled?

But knowing HP the material will be 'proprietary' and only available from them at high price if their other print technologies are anything to go by.

Edited by moderator 06 December 2019 20:33:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified