Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cvdwmarklin  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2019 15:23:30(UTC)
cvdwmarklin

Belgium   
I have double stock cars (78478 and 43573) which have only red headlights. The similar 43570(-3) car has a white/red headlight combination (depending on the direction of drive).
The spare parts list of the 43570 (in german) probably contains the needed items to convert my 2 other bi-level cars.
Is someone able to help me in finding the right items for this conversion ?
In any case, thanks a lot for your help
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 10 November 2019 04:07:51(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: cvdwmarklin Go to Quoted Post
I have double stock cars (78478 and 43573) which have only red headlights. The similar 43570(-3) car has a white/red headlight combination (depending on the direction of drive).
The spare parts list of the 43570 (in german) probably contains the needed items to convert my 2 other bi-level cars.
Is someone able to help me in finding the right items for this conversion ?
In any case, thanks a lot for your help

I've looked on the German Märklin web site and couldn't find the spare parts you're looking for, in both cases the carriages only display red tail lights and not headlights, unless there are other dual level carriages with headlights ( I assume so) you would have to look for another catalogue number.
Maybe these carriages are not designed for push - pull operation which in itself is ridiculous as it wouldn't take much if they would have installed dual colour led's (white-red) in the first place.
the Märklin spare part list for these carriages shows only a few spare parts but no actual photo of the carriage itself so one can't ascertain what's inside the carriage, may be someone else has got this particular carriage and can shed some light on it.

Roco has produced them with a wiper connected to the axle when the carriage goes forward the wiper moves to a contact and the headlight is activated and by reversing it the wiper activates the tail light., quite simple.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline cvdwmarklin  
#3 Posted : 10 November 2019 11:46:19(UTC)
cvdwmarklin

Belgium   
Thanks for your answer !
I have looked to the spare parts list of the 43586 and 43570-3. Both have the red/white lights. I think the part is E202099.
Then I still need the "switch" which is mounted on the wheelset. I can't determine which part(s) I need for that (my german is not good enough and indeed there is no technical drawing available).

Chris
Offline cvdwmarklin  
#4 Posted : 11 November 2019 17:27:53(UTC)
cvdwmarklin

Belgium   
The weather wasn't so good today, so time for the hobby !
The white frontlights are available on the printed circuit board. They are not connected. I found out that the PC-board from the 43586 (E600382) can be used for this purpose.
Now I need to find out what the article number(s) is/are for the reversing contact on the wheelset.