Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 15 September 2019 10:15:12(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi, this time its a HOe Mariazeller Bahn (Die Himmelstreppe), produced by Ferro trains in Austria, its export price is Euro 350.00, its analog so I've converted it to digital with an ESU micro sound decoder and cube speaker, there is enough room to house both components without infringing onto the interior.
to add interior lights a manufacturer, also in Austria charges Euro 50.00, I've done it myself and the cost was around 5.00 A$,
the electric railcar is very light, has 2 motors and as you will so on the video it hasn't got any problems climbing the steep track.
to add a sound decoder you can say its another Euro 110.00
so all in all its not a cheap railcar considering all the extras.
there aren't many metal parts to this train, its mainly produced out of plastic, the details are there but again but there aren't add-ons except the windscreen wiper and the mirrors.
the motors on either end with a Bo-bo bogie and than there are 2 axles in the middle car, both outside cars are held within the middle car, there fore you only have a front bogie., the turning angle is therefore greater than normal and if you're considering buying one make sure your tunnel portal are wide enough or not near a turnout or a curved section.
I'm pleased with the model but somewhat perplexed with the lack of weight, both bogies don't have rubber tyres which is understandable with the size of the wheels., I also noticed the width of the train is wider than the other HO carriages and I suspect the model is an exact 1:87 scale

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode