Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artfull dodger  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2019 18:02:54(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
At the last event I was able to take my small portable layout to(has Uhlenbrock Intelllabox digital with Marklin 60va power supply), I just ran the old 3060 F7 off the set AC track voltage. She was slow and sluggish, eventually just refusing to move without being nudged. She has been torn down and cleaned, so she should have run much better. No other trains were being run at the time I was running the 3060. I am looking at getting the new decoder from Marklin to retains the original field coil motor set up. But I am concerned that motor is getting sick and may need replaced with the upgrade from Marklin that converts to drum communtator set up. The new decoder, if I understand how this new one should work, would only have the same base track voltage to work with. And without a decoder she would barely run after a few min of running. Right now I have a ESU magnet field installed and the directional relay removed so I can run her on DC power. Which she does run quite well this way. Just not sure what to buy. I find digital confusing most of the time(I am autistic) and am really considering going back to analog control. But the digital is neat looking, it just baffles me when it comes to programing and such.
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!