Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline midwestbls  
#1 Posted : 12 August 2019 20:03:16(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
Just received my 43935 DB "D96 Isar-Rhone" Insider Club passenger car set. The cars are beautifully detailed. More detailed than the individual "stock" equivalents? Maybe, I haven't been able to compare yet, but VERY well done! I love buying these sets with built-in, factory lighting, and all the Preiserlings are a bonus. I think these cars/sets are a great value over "bare" coaches, and I'm sure it includes a nice mark-up for Marklin. (I'm NOT complaining; I'm sure it's a great extra-profit model for Marklin, and I think a great value for the modeler who doesn't like all the extra tinkering to light and populate his models.) I hope Marklin keeps offering these "fully-equipped" sets.

Quick - funny - observation: There seem to be a LOT of solo travelers!!!

Back in the mid-70s when I first traveled by train in Europe, (and again in the 80s and early 2000s) I never saw so many empty seats!!! The buffet is nicely filled, and I can certainly add some more 1:87 passengers on my own ... Of course, to model such a popular route as "normally loaded" would double the Preiser-price!

Looking forward to seeing this running with lights on!

- Bill
ETE - Swiss Era III - BLS - Brig Station
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by midwestbls
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 13 August 2019 02:00:47(UTC)
TEEWolf

This year I only received the V320 (39320) as an Insider model and the new 5 Donnerbüchsen 43141 (with light and figures inside too) are on order and I hope to get them the end of this year. Meanwhile I got the same impression as you, the Insider models are always done a lttle bit better or have a better quality as the regular, standard Maerklin products, which are really good already too. I think this is a part of marketing to gain more Insider members as well. Similar point as Maerklin promised all Insider modells are only produced in Goeppingen, Germany. These are the inofficially goodies for the Insider Club members.

First time I realized this higher quality for Insider models at the Insider 103 long edition (39170).
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf