Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline vtdochop  
#1 Posted : 31 July 2019 15:37:51(UTC)
vtdochop

United States   
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with Marklin 29490 GG1 ? I have done the most recent CS2(60215)update and wanted to register this loco with the CS. I have not run 29490 or several years and it would be a new registry with 60215. Could the decoder have gone bad somehow ?Confused
Offline PMPeter  
#2 Posted : 31 July 2019 16:31:17(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Are you sure it did not register?

I have had a similar issue with my CS2 that when I add a new MFX loco it does not show up in the locos page. So it appears that it did not register until you click on the show all locos and then it shows up.

This may not be your issue but it is a simple thing to check.

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 31 July 2019 21:39:50(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: vtdochop Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with Marklin 29490 GG1 ? I have done the most recent CS2(60215)update and wanted to register this loco with the CS. I have not run 29490 or several years and it would be a new registry with 60215. Could the decoder have gone bad somehow ?Confused

Hi

Sometimes the MFX registration process is distorted / spoiled (e.g. when you put an unregistered loco on the rails with digital power on.
In this case the best is to have the loco register with another unit (MS1, MS2, CS1, CS2, CS3, ECOS) and then go back to your own unit. It works very very often.
On one occasion though I had a dying decoder (MFX CSine on an Henschel Wegmann loco) which showed poor behaviour. When I reset the decoder (CV8=8), the decoder disregistered itself and was supposed to register again after a minute or so but it never did and died.

So
1- test in analog (AC) is the loco working? Avoid changing directions. If the loco is working chances are the decoder is OK
2- register your loco at someone elese's CS2 or CS3
3- register your loco at home
Good luck

Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline applor  
#4 Posted : 01 August 2019 00:16:18(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Once I had a number of MFX locos registered on my layout, new ones would not register. I have to use the programming track to register new locos first.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline TEEWolf  
#5 Posted : 01 August 2019 00:44:07(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: vtdochop Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Did you try to register your 29490 manually with MM or DCC protocol? Take off all other appliances, cars, locos, etc. from the tracks before. Best to use a separate programming track. If it is running after the manual registration, it cannot be the decoder.

If mfx is not working mostly I realized I had dirty tracks and/or I was unpatient. I have CS 3+ which is much faster as a CS 2, but sometimes I have to wait a long time till mfx would be recognized and registered. Sometimes mfx get by whatever reason lost. My CS 3 has a seperate function "searching mfx". Do not know, if a CS 2 has this feature as well.
Offline dickinsonj  
#6 Posted : 01 August 2019 03:22:59(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
My CS 3 has a seperate function "searching mfx". Do not know, if a CS 2 has this feature as well.

The CS2 has this feature as well, but when I have had an mfx registration go wrong (rarely) it has never been of any help.

I have never had a problem if I do my initial registration on an isolated programming track. The few times that I have had a problem I just roll back to my last save before adding the new loco and then try again. So far that has always worked for me.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj