Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gerard W. Treich, Jr  
#1 Posted : 19 July 2019 04:26:14(UTC)
Gerard W. Treich, Jr

United States   
Hello all -

Well, I have moved on from creating the digital files to produce the decals for restoring my 3048 Steam Locomotive and now I'm working on making the decals for my 3074 Diesel Lok. I must again ask for help to decipher the text on five parts of the Lok's chassis. I'll try to upload images but in the event that they don't display properly in this post, I will do my best to describe their location and apparent contents:

For the first three, all of the painted text is on what would be considered the American "Fireman's" side of the Lok and start immediately forward of Access Door "2" and progress to the rear of the Lok chassis.

#1 is the "HENSCHEL" manufacturer's plate just forward of the access door. All of the text except for "HENSCHEL" is illegible, though I have identified the "Henschel und Sohn" star-shaped logo from researching the company and images on the web.

#2 is the 2-line text immediately forward of the word "Abnahme" and looks like "Speinsw____" and the rest is obliterated.

#3 is the text that curves a little bit around toward the "Fireman's" rear buffer and looks like "Austrichts_____" but the remainder is so blurred that I cannot even guess at the correct spelling, even with my limited high school German from forty (gasp!) years ago.

There are two items on the Engineer's Fuel tank side of the Lok.

#4 is on the forward end of the fuel tank and appears to be "Heize__Ablafi"

#5 is on the rearward end of the fuel tank and appears to be "Kraftstoff-Able__"

I haven't had much success searching the internet for examples or histories of this particular Class 216 Deutsche Bundesbahn Diesel Lok. The "Road Number" is 216 090-1.

Any help or information will be greatly appreciated and I hope to repay the help by mailing quality waterslide decals for this Lok to the member or members who can help.

Here is my first attempt to upload images to my post:

011 Lft Chassis.jpg009 Lft Chassis copy.jpg012 Lft Side Chassis Rear.jpg107 Rt Side Gas Tank Rt.jpg105 Rt Side Gas Tank Lft.jpg
Offline Markus Schild  
#2 Posted : 19 July 2019 07:57:58(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Gerard,

1. Speisewasser <br> Ablaß Zentralschmierung (feed water <br> drain central lubrication )
3. Anstrichhaftpflicht bis 6.79 <br> Lack-Fa. .......(Guarantee for painting until...<br> Colour Manufacturer )
4. Kraftstoff-Ablaß (fuel-drain)
5. Heizöl-Ablaß (drain for heating - fuel)

Regards

Markus
#3 Posted : 19 July 2019 14:21:27(UTC)
Gerard W. Treich, Jr

United States   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gerard,

1. Speisewasser <br> Ablaß Zentralschmierung (feed water <br> drain central lubrication )
3. Anstrichhaftpflicht bis 6.79 <br> Lack-Fa. .......(Guarantee for painting until...<br> Colour Manufacturer )
4. Kraftstoff-Ablaß (fuel-drain)
5. Heizöl-Ablaß (drain for heating - fuel)

Regards

Markus

Danke Zehr, Herr Schild!
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 19 July 2019 16:44:37(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Gerard W. Treich, Jr Go to Quoted Post
Hello all -

Well, I have moved on from creating the digital files to produce the decals for restoring my 3048 Steam Locomotive and now I'm working on making the decals for my 3074 Diesel Lok. I must again ask for help to decipher the text on five parts of the Lok's chassis. I'll try to upload images but in the event that they don't display properly in this post, I will do my best to describe their location and apparent contents:

For the first three, all of the painted text is on what would be considered the American "Fireman's" side of the Lok and start immediately forward of Access Door "2" and progress to the rear of the Lok chassis.

#1 is the "HENSCHEL" manufacturer's plate just forward of the access door. All of the text except for "HENSCHEL" is illegible, though I have identified the "Henschel und Sohn" star-shaped logo from researching the company and images on the web.

#2 is the 2-line text immediately forward of the word "Abnahme" and looks like "Speinsw____" and the rest is obliterated.

#3 is the text that curves a little bit around toward the "Fireman's" rear buffer and looks like "Austrichts_____" but the remainder is so blurred that I cannot even guess at the correct spelling, even with my limited high school German from forty (gasp!) years ago.

There are two items on the Engineer's Fuel tank side of the Lok.

#4 is on the forward end of the fuel tank and appears to be "Heize__Ablafi"

#5 is on the rearward end of the fuel tank and appears to be "Kraftstoff-Able__"

I haven't had much success searching the internet for examples or histories of this particular Class 216 Deutsche Bundesbahn Diesel Lok. The "Road Number" is 216 090-1.

Any help or information will be greatly appreciated and I hope to repay the help by mailing quality waterslide decals for this Lok to the member or members who can help.

Obviously you understand German, have a look at this link.

http://maerklin-sammler-...otiven/03074/03074_m.htm
#5 Posted : 19 July 2019 17:42:18(UTC)
Gerard W. Treich, Jr

United States   
Thank you. I've hit on this site for several other locomotives. Unfortunately, the images aren't sufficiently hi-resolution to help decipher the insignia. Also, my German yields only one word in five at best and much of the grammar escapes me. What I can gather is that for version 3074.1 the text is describing details of the paint scheme and placement and colors of the various insignia. I'll work more at it as I have time.

I was taught long ago the importance and courtesy of thanking someone in his native language, so seeing you hail from Bavaria, perhaps "Danke Schon" (sorry - Kindle keyboard doesn't provide an umlaut) is appropriate? I appreciate your help. The links you have offered in my steam lok restoration post were informative!
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 19 July 2019 17:52:31(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Gerard W. Treich, Jr Go to Quoted Post
Thank you. I've hit on this site for several other locomotives. Unfortunately, the images aren't sufficiently hi-resolution to help decipher the insignia. Also, my German yields only one word in five at best and much of the grammar escapes me. I was taught long ago the importance and courtesy of thanking someone in his native language, so if I recall correctly from your other posts, perhaps "Danke Schon" (sorry - Kindle keyboard doesn't provide an umlaut) is appropriate? I appreciate your help. The links you have offered in my steam lok restoration post were informative!

All right, sorry was a wrong guess, but here you get a good translation software.

https://www.deepl.com/translator

Then you see the article numbers of the parts of the loco and get further links for a conversion instruction

http://maerklin-sammler-...ven/03674/03674_m_um.htm

and the explosion drawing.

http://maerklin-sammler-...ven/03074/3074_explo.pdf
#7 Posted : 19 July 2019 18:17:08(UTC)
Gerard W. Treich, Jr

United States   
Excellent! Thanks again!

Jerry