Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#1 Posted : 29 June 2019 12:50:37(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Dear all, I recently bought an ESU 31331 V220 loco. The loco runs absolutely superb. The only complaint is when I run the loco in the forward direction (in the direction where the cab figure is installed and pick up shoe is located), the loco derails at R1 (24130) loop. However when I run the loco in the reverse direction, the loco runs perfectly fine on R1. I observed that the pickup shoe side of the axle does not fully rotate on R1 which causes the loco to lift off the tracks on R1. Also it causes a short circuit. Any workarounds for this? Any of you faced this issue with either this loco or other ESUs in General.
Regards,
Madhu

Edited by user 01 July 2019 13:46:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 29 June 2019 12:57:58(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: madhu.gn.71 Go to Quoted Post
Dearl all, I recently bought an ESU 31331 V220 loco. The loco runs absolutely superb. The only complaint is when I run the loco in the forward direction (in the direction where the cab figure is installed and pick up shoe is located), the loco derails at R1 (24130) loop. However when I run the loco in the reverse direction, the loco runs perfectly fine. I observed that the pickup shoe side of the axle does not fully rotate on R1 which causes the loco to lift off the tracks on R1. Also it causes a short circuit. Any workarounds for this? Any of you faced this issue with either this loco or other ESUs in General.
Regards,
Madhu

Madhyu, I don't have any ESU locos but at the same time one assumes its the slider because its ok in one direction and not the other, you need to carefully inspect the slider, its overall position and I'm sure you will find some abnormality

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#3 Posted : 29 June 2019 13:01:04(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

Madhyu, I don't have any ESU locos but at the same time one assumes its the slider because its ok in one direction and not the other, you need to carefully inspect the slider, its overall position and I'm sure you will find some abnormality

John

John, let me check the slider (pick up shoe?) part of it once. I feel that the front axle has limited rotation when compared to the rear axle. But i'm scared to fiddle with it as there is a curve sensor underneath that is located right next to the axle.

Offline madhu.gn.71  
#4 Posted : 05 July 2019 10:57:59(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
I have not checked the loco for the pickup shoe issue yet.
Meanwhile here is the reply from ESU:
Quote:
Dear Sirs,

thank you for your email.

The problem you have described could have various causes. Please first check whether both bogies are fully lowered to the right and to the left or blocked by the coupling receiver (short coupling guide). If the coupling receptacle is blocked, it must be lubricated.
The inner wheel set should be approx. 14.1mm for all axles. Please also check these.

The pick up shoe can also lead to derailment if the shape is not correct (bent, kinked, etc.).

We hope we could help you.

Best regards

ESU electronic solutions ulm GmbH & Co. KG

Could one of you help understand what they mean by the text highlighted in yellow color