Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Thewolf  
#1 Posted : 27 May 2019 20:46:57(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi guys,

I'm going to buy a cs3+ and keep the cs2.

What cable is needed to connect a cs2 to a cs3+, the cs2 both the slave and the cs3+ the master?

I already have 60126 cables for 60125 terminal

Thank you for your reply

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline MaerklinLife  
#2 Posted : 27 May 2019 21:47:39(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: Thewolf Go to Quoted Post
What cable is needed to connect a cs2 to a cs3+, the cs2 both the slave and the cs3+ the master?

Page 38 in the manual says cable number 60123.

The manual is available here: https://www.maerklin.de/...e/details/article/60216/
Offline Thewolf  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2019 22:39:18(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Thank you very much maerklinlifeCool
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 28 May 2019 00:37:20(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hi guys,

Thank you for your reply

Thewolf

Do not forget to buy this book with your CS 3+ too

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/03092/

from page 172 onwards you get an overview about all digital devices, decoders, cables, units, etc. - new and old ones.

See here the complete new architecture of a CS 3 and CS 3+

https://www.maerklin.de/...emarchitektur_gesamt.pdf
Offline Thewolf  
#5 Posted : 28 May 2019 02:38:26(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

Thank you for your reply

Thewolf

Do not forget to buy this book with your CS 3+ too

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/03092/

from page 172 onwards you get an overview about all digital devices, decoders, cables, units, etc. - new and old ones.

See here the complete new architecture of a CS 3 and CS 3+

https://www.maerklin.de/...emarchitektur_gesamt.pdf

Thank you TEEWolfCool

Although very essential, I will buy this book when Marklin has the respect to sell his technical books in French.

Thewolf

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline MaerklinLife  
#6 Posted : 28 May 2019 10:39:20(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Although very essential, I will buy this book when Marklin has the respect to sell his technical books in French.

Has the respect? LOL. You will wait a long time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline Thewolf  
#7 Posted : 28 May 2019 15:22:25(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post

Francophone clients have always been treated, on the whole, like paying pigs by Marklin and this is not new.

When I lived in my native country, I sometimes went to Germany to the headquarters in Marklin.

Sometimes I would remark to them, like: "You prefer your German customers, which is normal, but you neglect your French-speaking customers far too much while accepting their money. Do you consider us fucking paying pigs?''

I am still waiting for the answer 40 years later

I must admit that efforts have been made, they have been forced to do so to face the globalization of trade, but there is still a long way to go, especially in the technical field where all their publications are in their original language or in English.

Just look at the incredible number of links that TEEWolf provides: almost all of them are in German.

Why????? German pays in euros, a Belgian pays in euros and a Canadian pays in dollars, but more expensive because the euro is strong.

Why can't French-speaking Belgians and French-speaking Canadians have access to technical documents in their own language?

In Canada, it is a crime not to provide access to information in the user's language.

But I've been a Marklinist since I was 12 years old and I'm going to be 65. And I'm a '' chialeux''. So I '' chiale ''. So I buy Marklin and I manage

Thewolf

Offline MaerklinLife  
#8 Posted : 28 May 2019 20:17:35(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Has the respect? LOL.

"...Do you consider us fucking paying pigs?''

I have to be honest with you, but these kind of utterings are exactly why you won't get "respect". Just saying.

That being said: Personally, I don't think the French market is that big to Märklin that requires everything to be translated.

Asking like you do, you won't get one.

Why can't French-speaking Belgians and French-speaking Canadians have access to technical documents in their own language? In Canada, it is a crime not to provide access to information in the user's language.

The manuals are in French. Everything you need to know about the product you bought.

CS3 manual from page 80: Voilà: a French version.

Märklin is not required to deliver the book about the CS3 in French.
Offline gene harvey  
#9 Posted : 28 May 2019 20:30:08(UTC)
gene harvey

United States   

Francophone clients have always been treated, on the whole, like paying pigs by Marklin and this is not new.

When I lived in my native country, I sometimes went to Germany to the headquarters in Marklin.

Sometimes I would remark to them, like: "You prefer your German customers, which is normal, but you neglect your French-speaking customers far too much while accepting their money. Do you consider us fucking paying pigs?''

I must admit that efforts have been made, they have been forced to do so to face the globalization of trade, but there is still a long way to go, especially in the technical field where all their publications are in their original language or in English.

Just look at the incredible number of links that TEEWolf provides: almost all of them are in German.

Why????? German pays in euros, a Belgian pays in euros and a Canadian pays in dollars, but more expensive because the euro is strong.

Why can't French-speaking Belgians and French-speaking Canadians have access to technical documents in their own language?

In Canada, it is a crime not to provide access to information in the user's language.

But I've been a Marklinist since I was 12 years old and I'm going to be 65. And I'm a '' chialeux''. So I '' chiale ''. So I buy Marklin and I manage

Thewolf

And..........what is a poor English speaker to do with this, I have been waiting since 1968 to learn of something in ENGLISH to help and further the joy of my
beloved GERMAN TRAINS, but to no avail, everything keeps coming up in different languages for the monosyllabic English speaker on the left coast of USA, hoping to clear a shipment of marklin by ups because the invoice is in German, the TSCA is in GERMAN, and the packing list is in GERMAN, FROM A COMPANY IN GERMANY?cCrying
Offline Thewolf  
#10 Posted : 28 May 2019 20:40:53(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

Has the respect? LOL.

I have to be honest with you, but these kind of utterings are exactly why you won't get "respect". Just saying.

That being said: Personally, I don't think the French market is that big to Märklin that requires everything to be translated.

Why can't French-speaking Belgians and French-speaking Canadians have access to technical documents in their own language? In Canada, it is a crime not to provide access to information in the user's language.

The manuals are in French. Everything you need to know about the product you bought.

I think maybe you didn't understand. You're quickly on the answer without wanting to understand what I mean.

When you wrote this : '' The manuals are in French. Everything you need to know about the product you bought.'', I ask you the question: are you sure?

bouquin sur la cs3.jpg

Is this book in French ? NO And there are others

And yet I can buy it . That's the opposite of what you claim.

Is all the technical documentation available on the web in French? NO and I can find you hundreds of them.

But it's free I don't buy it so I have to keep quiet, according to your criteria

You may answer me to learn German.

I will say that I don't live in Germany, you will answer me to improve my English since I live in Canada.

My answer is that knowledge of one of the two languages is sufficient to live in Canada. Not being bilingual is not an offence in Canada and Quebec, by Bill 101, defend the French language

Thewolf
Offline Webmaster  
#11 Posted : 28 May 2019 21:28:17(UTC)
Webmaster

I am puzzled about one thing regarding the CS2 & CS3(+) connections...

CS2 can be connected to CS1 over WiFi...
CS3 can be connected to CS3+ over WiFi...

Why cannot CS2 & CS3 be connected over WiFi and share the CAN-bus signals that way, why do I need a cable ???
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline David Dewar  
#12 Posted : 28 May 2019 21:34:55(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   

Has the respect? LOL.

I think maybe you didn't understand. You're quickly on the answer without wanting to understand what I mean.

When you wrote this : '' The manuals are in French. Everything you need to know about the product you bought.'', I ask you the question: are you sure?

bouquin sur la cs3.jpg

Is all the technical documentation available on the web in French? NO and I can find you hundreds of them.

But it's free I don't buy it so I have to keep quiet, according to your criteria

I will say that I don't live in Germany, you will answer me to improve my English since I live in Canada.

My answer is that knowledge of one of the two languages is sufficient to live in Canada. Not being bilingual is not an offence in Canada and Quebec, by Bill 101, defend the French language

Thewolf

My friend you appear to have perfect English so the book should be OK for you. However have you not said you are no longer buying the CS3. If their is a demand for Marklin in France then they should make a French book providing it sells.

I gave up HAG a long time ago as they had no interest in English and dealers stopped seeling their stuff other than in Switzerland and i think they went bust. If model rail firms wish to sell in other countries then they should provide their literature in that language.

The Marklin book is worth buying giving lots of information on the CS3
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Minok  
#13 Posted : 28 May 2019 21:52:32(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Well I'll go out on a limb here and say that the French book market isn't large enough to warrant a French language translation of the book. These days an English translation typically covers most of the world.

That said, there are French model rail supply companies that refuse to even let us Americans into their store, so I'm not loosing any sleep over the poor French. ( I'm looking at you http://www.la-boutique-du-maquettiste.fr/ with your "You can not access our shop from your country. We apologize for the inconvenience." nonsense)
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Thewolf  
#14 Posted : 28 May 2019 21:57:44(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post

Has the respect? LOL.

bouquin sur la cs3.jpg

Thewolf

My friend you appear to have perfect English so the book should be OK for you. However have you not said you are no longer buying the CS3. If their is a demand for Marklin in France then they should make a French book providing it sells.

I gave up HAG a long time ago as they had no interest in English and dealers stopped seeling their stuff other than in Switzerland and i think they went bust. If model rail firms wish to sell in other countries then they should provide their literature in that language.

The Marklin book is worth buying giving lots of information on the CS3

Hi David Cool

That's not my english you know but this is the of od deepl translator BigGrin Flapper Cool

But I admit to being able to make myself understood when I talk to Mike my dealer and friend who doesn't speak a word of French.

And I have no problems when I travel in Ontario or the East.

However, I would be unable to follow a conversation in technical terms

I see your memory is good.

Indeed, you're right: I had given up on cs3.

But because there is one but at certain intervals a crazy desire to buy a cs3 bounces back in my face.

A sudden and persistent impulse that lasts a few hours. Fortunately, this has not been followed up.

A side effect of my post-transplant medication, according to my doctor at the CHUM de Montréal

Thewolf

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline Thewolf  
#15 Posted : 28 May 2019 22:00:55(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
Well I'll go out on a limb here and say that the French book market isn't large enough to warrant a French language translation of the book. These days an English translation typically covers most of the world.

That said, there are French model rail supply companies that refuse to even let us Americans into their store, so I'm not loosing any sleep over the poor French. ( I'm looking at you http://www.la-boutique-du-maquettiste.fr/ with your "You can not access our shop from your country. We apologize for the inconvenience." nonsense)

That's what I was saying: "You're not many, sorry for the inconveniences, but we still take your money...and thank you very much''Flapper Drool Cool

But like I said, I'm a Marklinist and I manage.BigGrin ThumpUp

Thewolf
Offline Minok  
#16 Posted : 28 May 2019 22:16:03(UTC)
Minok

United States   

That's what I was saying: "You're not many, sorry for the inconveniences, but we still take your money...and thank you very much''Flapper Drool Cool

Thewolf

Yeah, but this French shop won't even let me in the door to look at the merchandise. They have sign on the door of "No Americans allowed" and a bouncer that wont let me in.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline kiwiAlan  
#17 Posted : 28 May 2019 23:00:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post

Why cannot CS2 & CS3 be connected over WiFi and share the CAN-bus signals that way, why do I need a cable ???

CS2 connects to CS1 over wifi ??? Confused

Not in the documentation I have seen. The connection is done over Ethernet hard wired connection. It would be possible to introduce a wifi connection into that hard wired connection, but it wouldn't be directly a wifi connection between them.

I also haven't seen any info about connecting a Cs3 to a CS3+ over wifi.

Offline Thewolf  
#18 Posted : 28 May 2019 23:30:21(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

Thewolf

Yeah, but this French shop won't even let me in the door to look at the merchandise. They have sign on the door of "No Americans allowed" and a bouncer that wont let me in.

I understand MinokCool Mellow

I guess it's in Paris.

Thewolf
Offline clapcott  
#19 Posted : 29 May 2019 06:48:59(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post

CS2 connects to CS1 over wifi ??? Confused

Not in the documentation I have seen. The connection is done over Ethernet hard wired connection. It would be possible to introduce a wifi connection into that hard wired connection, but it wouldn't be directly a wifi connection between them.

I also haven't seen any info about connecting a Cs3 to a CS3+ over wifi.

WiFi (802.11..) is typically used in conjunction with ethernet (802.2..) - so while not technically exclusive, in this context it might as well be.

The CS1<>CS2 connection is TCPIP (XML) not a UDP "can bus over ethernet" variant.
This implementation has no railsync and is one of the reasons you cannot (should not) use the two devices on the same "track" of a layout layout - i.e. a train/loco should not short between the two boosters

That said the CS2.exe can operate with either - but of course this is only a "throttle" without a booster of its own.

The CS3<>CS3 is supposed to have a enternet connection for the purposes of more efficiently sharing configuration data (e.g. layout diagram and meta data).
Operationally the hardwired 60123 cable is still needed for track level stuff - the booster within the slave device.

Edited by user 29 May 2019 11:10:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
Offline TEEWolf  
#20 Posted : 29 May 2019 21:38:03(UTC)
TEEWolf

Thewolf

I understand MinokCool Mellow

I guess it's in Paris.

Thewolf

Yeah, the French. But why do you not switch to Schwäbisch? Just found out a "new" language, you even can switch to at a MS 2. It is Schwäbisch.Laugh Then on the screen does not appear "Keine Lok" or "No Loco" - no, then it says "Koi Lok"!LOL LOL LOL Never say the Märklin People does not have a special humoristic sense.
Offline Minok  
#21 Posted : 29 May 2019 22:13:49(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Yeah, the French. But why do you not switch to Schwäbisch? Just found out a "new" language, you even can switch to at a MS 2. It is Schwäbisch.Laugh Then on the screen does not appear "Keine Lok" or "No Loco" - no, then it says "Koi Lok"!LOL LOL LOL Never say the Märklin People does not have a special humoristic sense.

But in Shwabian, it would say "Koi Löklie" or something, right? BigGrin
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline TEEWolf  
#22 Posted : 30 May 2019 00:11:36(UTC)
TEEWolf

But in Shwabian, it would say "Koi Löklie" or something, right? BigGrin

Well, yes I thought it too, but I am not a Swabian. I looked it up at the MS 2. There stands only "Koi Lok!" on top.
Offline David Dewar  
#23 Posted : 30 May 2019 11:25:07(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Should have something for Scotland ...Nae Lok Ataw
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#24 Posted : 30 May 2019 11:54:52(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Should have something for Scotland ...Nae Lok Ataw

is that where Lok Ness lives ??? LOL LOL LOL LOL

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan