Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Online river6109  
#1 Posted : 16 May 2019 13:07:10(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi, I've got 2 of these locos 1 I've bought many years ago at a trainshow (very unusual to find a Roco model in Perth (Western Australia), the second one I can't remember where I bought this and this loco is for a review.

Inside it is pretty simple, a frame out of metal and the housing is plastic., it is driven over a cardan shaft onto 6 axles with flywheel and rods.
the exterior is very detailed, operating pantographs, interior design, both sides cab interior with 1 driver, 3 headlights front & rear., I don't think this model has been produced in digital but many have converted them either digital or with sound.
I first chosen an ESU Version 4.0 micro sound decoder but I've found a V 4.0 with an adapter plate would also fit which gives me t least 6 Au functions.
the loudspeaker is an ESU cube speaker which you can extend.
at the moment it weighs 176g but I think I may squeeze a bit more weight into it.
So far the running characteristics are fine but how many carriages it can pull is something I don't know as yet until we'll put it onto the HOe layout modules.
Overall I'm impressed with this loco and it will give another dimension of interest to my layout.
the HOe tracks had been laid for over 40 years but it never ran on it but now my son is getting it finalized (still a long way to go)

eventually it will have an overhead system (home made)

John

Edited by user 16 May 2019 18:09:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode