Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 14 May 2019 00:05:05(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I’ve received my first ESU LokProgrammer, and I must say the software is very nice and user-friendly. I added a 2-pole alteration switch (On-Off-On), installed everything in the ”power cabinet”, and now I can use either the CS2 programming features or the ESU LokProgrammer without risking interference. Also, at ”Off” I have a power-free track when adding new trains to the layout. Me like! Cool

1F576CDA-2DF4-4062-8118-DD7353C087D7.jpeg
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2019 02:12:37(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
I’ve received my first ESU LokProgrammer, and I must say the software is very nice and user-friendly. I added a 2-pole alteration switch (On-Off-On), installed everything in the ”power cabinet”, and now I can use either the CS2 programming features or the ESU LokProgrammer without risking interference. Also, at ”Off” I have a power-free track when adding new trains to the layout. Me like! Cool

1F576CDA-2DF4-4062-8118-DD7353C087D7.jpeg

Is it for programming only or is it as a decoder tester usable too?

Quite expensive for 150 €.
Offline applor  
#3 Posted : 14 May 2019 06:09:27(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Great idea! I wish I had a fixed programming track that connected to my layout for programming and to add/remove trains. I am not sure I can do it anymore.

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Yes it lets you test all ESU decoders (including servos). Only limiting factor is protocol support is DCC and motorola, it can't test M4/MFX (you have to test with motorola), probably due to how M4 works.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline PeFu  
#4 Posted : 14 May 2019 06:34:27(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   

Well it’s pretty advanced, a bit of a ”central station” as you both can program and test decoders. You can program all DCC decoders, including the DCC part of Märklin decoders. For other Märklin decoders, it’s nice to have the CS2 programming features. ESU LokProgrammer can also add downloaded sound files to ESU decoders. The below clip gives an overview (The testing features starts at 4 min 20 sec):

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Purellum  
#5 Posted : 14 May 2019 07:02:31(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post

Well it’s pretty advanced, a bit of a ”central station” as you both can program and test decoders. You can program all DCC decoders, including the DCC part of Märklin decoders. For other Märklin decoders, it’s nice to have the CS2 programming features. ESU LokProgrammer can also add downloaded sound files to ESU decoders. The below clip gives an overview (The testing features starts at 4 min 20 sec):

It's a great kit Cool

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gregor  
#6 Posted : 14 May 2019 08:46:50(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
I am installing a rotary switch to connect the programming track alternatively to:
1. Intellibox normal track
2. Intellibox programming track
3. ESU Lokprogrammer
4. Märklin Mobile Station

My programming track is a separate roller bed and a dedicated section on the layout, so I can program trains without taking them off the track.
When rotary switch is not in Position 1, power to the rest of the layout (controlled by Intellibox) is shut down. This prevents a train from driving unintentionally from into the programming track, thus connecting the outputs from two differente control systems.

Best regards,
Gregor