Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Purellum  
#51 Posted : 21 April 2019 14:21:56(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
All the reverse loop auto-switches I am aware of work on the basis of detecting a short and can be used on digital or DC systems. Havinga DCC or mfx protocol has nothing to do with how the switch works.

I tried to tell Goofy the same thing; but trust me on this:

If there was ever made a reverse loop module that's difficult to get working and only accepts DCC, Goofy will be the guy to find it,
and will continuously insist on using just that module, blaming everybody else for his problems. Laugh LOL RollEyes

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#52 Posted : 21 April 2019 16:43:48(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Automatic loopback is reverse loop.
There is reverse loop digital decoder but support and allows only DCC protocol.
I don´t think it accept mfx protocol.

What a load of rubbish. An automatic reverse module does not care at all about the protocol at used. It only cares about either a short circuit detection or (as is the case of the Trix reverse module) feedback detection from the internal sensor.

It will work with what ever digital system you throw at it.

Märklin and competitors has not verified by use mfx protocol in the reverse loop with the two rail system.
Just DCC...

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Goofy  
#53 Posted : 21 April 2019 16:50:43(UTC)
Goofy

I show here a pdf file from Zimo.
Read it!
The Roco BR 85 do have mfx protocol and have 26 functions!
www.zimo.at/web2010/docu...450P22%20SW%202.0_EN.pdf

It is interesting looking through that document.

On the first page it shows three revisions in 2018, the first release being almost exactly a year ago.

They have obviously mapped out various plans for upgrades to features as well, although the details aren't filled in for many of them. It seems they have only released these decoders to market with version 2 software release.

When Zimo presented a new MS decoder they did verified you can use mfx protocol and Rocos latest new BR 85 do have new MS sound decoder while old Roco BR 85 do have MX decoder instead and doesn´t support mfx protocol.
I agree it might seems strange in the Zimos pdf file, but it shows the Rocos latest model and i suppose it´s correct with the 26 functions?
Even Roco present two rail locomotives do have mfx protocol too, since it show same MS sound decoder made of Zimo.

H0
Offline Purellum  
#54 Posted : 21 April 2019 18:28:10(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Märklin and competitors has not verified by use mfx protocol in the reverse loop with the two rail system.
Just DCC...

It looks like I have to ask again: Please tell us which reverse loop module you are talking about that can only do DCC?

MFX is working perfect with all relay controlled reverse loop modules I know. Cool

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline MaerklinLife  
#55 Posted : 21 April 2019 19:20:09(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Just DCC...

What part of "It does not matter which protocol you use" do you not understand?

Nobody needs to verify anything, since it is completely independent of the digital system.

And to cut it out for you: At the end of the day the digital signal, being mfx or DCC, consists of 0's and 1's. Basically same shit, different name. It works the same with regards to the reverse loop module.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#56 Posted : 21 April 2019 20:30:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

Just DCC...

It looks like I have to ask again: Please tell us which reverse loop module you are talking about that can only do DCC?

MFX is working perfect with all relay controlled reverse loop modules I know. Cool

Per.

Cool

I think he should just use the Trix 66846 module and be done with it.

If he has any problems he could get one of the Trix Reverse Loop Modules to try it out.

Offline Goofy  
#57 Posted : 22 April 2019 10:11:18(UTC)
Goofy

Just DCC...

MFX is working perfect with all relay controlled reverse loop modules I know.

Per.

I think he should just use the Trix 66846 module and be done with it.

"This is for easy switching of reverse loops in the DCC and Selectrix systems."
You did verified without mfx protocol.
Do you have any prof that it shows two rail locomotive with the mfx protocol driving in the reverse loop back to the same turnout by pass over the gear as well?
H0
Offline Goofy  
#58 Posted : 22 April 2019 10:23:17(UTC)
Goofy

Marklin supply mfx decoders in Trix and LGB locos, so yes, it works for 2-rail as well.

Yes it works for two rail, but it doesn´t verified to use reverse loop modul when it present DCC protocol in the manual or homepage like Trix.

H0
Offline Purellum  
#59 Posted : 22 April 2019 10:28:56(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

And if you read the manual, it's also for analog operation, which means it switches with relays and thus will work with MM and MFX too.

There is nothing DCC, Selectrix or any other digital protocol related inside that box.

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#60 Posted : 22 April 2019 11:27:42(UTC)
Goofy

And if you read the manual, it's also for analog operation, which means it switches with relays and thus will work with MM and MFX too.

There is nothing DCC, Selectrix or any other digital protocol related inside that box.

Per.

It stand:
The reverse loop in analog operation can only be operated analog with sensor track.
Read also different between page.35 (digital) and page.36 (analog).
The digital operation does not verified with the mfx protocol.
If you use Lenz reverse loop modul it cannot be use with the analog operation...just only DCC accept.

It´s very strange how it appears when a company like Märklin did not verified by use mfx protocol in the reverse loop, when mfx has been for years and still no information standing somewhere in the massmedia or manual of the reverse loop modul.
Before i use mfx protocol for the two rail with reverse loop back to the gear as well i must be sure it works before use Märklin CS3.
I also see forward to use competitiors mfx locomotive for the two rail system.

H0
Offline Purellum  
#61 Posted : 22 April 2019 11:41:46(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

The reverse loop in analog operation can only be operated analog with sensor track.
Read also different between page.35 (digital) and page.36 (analog).
The digital operation does not verified with the mfx protocol.
If you use Lenz reverse loop modul it cannot be use with the analog operation...just only DCC accept.

I'm amazed how ignorant you can continue to be, as far as I remember you once claimed to be electrician.

The reason why you use sensor tracks for analog is because of the voltage when driving slow,
if you always drive full speed in analog, you don't have to use sensor track.

It´s very strange how it appears when a company like Märklin did not verified by use mfx protocol in the reverse loop, when mfx has been for years and still no information standing somewhere in the massmedia or manual of the reverse loop modul.
Before i use mfx protocol for the two rail with reverse loop back to the gear as well i must be sure it works before use Märklin CS3.
I also see forward to use competitiors mfx locomotive for the two rail system.

I find it even more strange that you don't understand neither how a relay or a digital system works.

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#62 Posted : 22 April 2019 12:30:17(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
By the way...i did ordered a new CS3.

Let me know when you want to sell it.....
Offline Purellum  
#63 Posted : 22 April 2019 12:59:30(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Good plan BigGrin

It's not often you can find a used CS3 still having 20 months full manufacturers warranty LOL

Per

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline David Dewar  
#64 Posted : 22 April 2019 13:21:45(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Looking at the site these days it appears that controllers are more important than locos etc. I guess the computer age has now taken over model rail and Goofy must have owned most of them. However on a positive note at least he is also buying Marklin along with others. I would like to hear about the Viessmann Commander which I don't think has been mentioned as better than Marklin. Despite enjoying the recent control system I think at times the old 6021 with its addons were better fun.

I await with interest the report from Goofy on his latest venture and to be fair to our man he does take our comments well and sticks by his opinions.

Meanwhile I am prepared to act as an agent for the sale of the CS3 in due course.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#65 Posted : 22 April 2019 13:57:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Join the long line ... Laugh LOL Laugh

Edited by moderator 22 April 2019 22:05:10(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed quote tags

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Purellum  
#66 Posted : 22 April 2019 15:03:15(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

How much is shipping to Denmark ??? LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum