Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jwalt2065  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2019 16:36:27(UTC)
jwalt2065

United States   
Hello out there. LOL

I am entering some block signals 76391's into my CS3. They were set up before and used on my CS2.
Some I could just add the signal with their existing address in the item list and they would work fine without needing to program them again.
I had a couple that wouldn't change aspects on the main track, but they worked fine on the programming track.
I did this by STOPPING the CS3 to kill power to the tracks, and moving the track plug on the CS from the programming jack to the main track jack and pressing STOP to restore power to the tracks, so it is not a wiring issue.
I ended up rebooting the CS3 and they would work fine then.

I have 2 signals (so far) that refuses to change aspects on the main layout track even after doing a reboot of the CS3.
I tried changing addresses and after removing the programming clip they work fine on the programming track, but won't change aspects on the layout track. If I put them back on the programming track, they work fine. Just to be clear, I am doing this with a single piece of track and only one signal alone connected at a time, nothing else connected to the CS3 (no turnouts,etc.)

They work fine on my CS2, so I don't think it is the signal.
I can program the signals on the main track with my CS2, but not on my CS3.
The signal will continue to flash between aspects in programming mode, even after I click on the signal icon to set the signal aspect. (normally it will stop flashing and the green light will stay on indicating it is set)

Next, I tried reprogramming on the CS3 with another signal (addressed 102) and I was able to program it on the main track. (so it is not the CS3's issue either????)
One of the stubborn signals (109) will not program on the main track.
I reprogrammed it to a new address (110) on the main track on the CS2.
I put it back on the CS3 and created signal 110 in the item list. It doesn't change aspects on the main track, but will on the programming track.
I also tried swapping the masts on the 2 signals (102 & 110) and the signal head from the stubborn one (from addr.110) works okay on the other circuit board (as addr. 102).

John