Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sjbartels  
#1 Posted : 06 April 2019 20:00:47(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
I've recently updated a tonne of locomotive images in my CS2, but I still have two that I am lacking, one is understandable since it's a newer release, the 39465 "Chiquita". The one that is surprising, because I have all of the others around the same release time is the odd one, the 34614 "TCS" model. Is there anyone who might have them and they might be willing to share?

Thanks!
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 07 April 2019 04:36:31(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: sjbartels Go to Quoted Post
I've recently updated a tonne of locomotive images in my CS2, but I still have two that I am lacking, one is understandable since it's a newer release, the 39465 "Chiquita". The one that is surprising, because I have all of the others around the same release time is the odd one, the 34614 "TCS" model. Is there anyone who might have them and they might be willing to share?

Thanks!

Why don't you take the picture from Märklin's website

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/39465/

and install it by yourself?

Märklin offers his technique tipp 314b

https://www.maerklin.de/...aq/Technik-Tipp-314b.pdf

describing how to handle and transfer it onto a CS 2.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline sjbartels  
#3 Posted : 07 April 2019 22:57:00(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

Why don't you take the picture from Märklin's website

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/39465/

and install it by yourself?

Märklin offers his technique tipp 314b

https://www.maerklin.de/...aq/Technik-Tipp-314b.pdf

describing how to handle and transfer it onto a CS 2.

I've transferred them before, that's the easy part. It's the resizing after I took the photos last time that was the annoying part. I'll try and play around with the stock images and see what I can do
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjbartels
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 07 April 2019 23:36:33(UTC)
TEEWolf

I've transferred them before, that's the easy part. It's the resizing after I took the photos last time that was the annoying part. I'll try and play around with the stock images and see what I can do

Ah I see. On page 1 of TT 314b from Märklin you find a heading "Bearbeiten der Bilder". Märklin describes what to do.

Editing the images "Bearbeiten der Bilder"

In the first step, the original image is either photographed or a suitable image is obtained in another way. Please make sure that you do not infringe any copyrights. Load this image into a photo editing program on your PC. Some of these programs are included with cameras. However, the output for a paid software like Adobe Photoshop, Corel PHOTO-PAINT etc. is definitely worthwhile for ambitious users who want to optimize the quality of their photos or their expression possibilities more frequently.

In the second step, the cut-out for the image in the CS 2 is determined. The aspect ratio should be approximately 4.3 : 1 (width to height). The later image in the CS 2 may have a maximum size of 129 x 29 pixels.

In the third step, the image is minimized in resolution and the size is minimized to the specified number of pixels of 129 x 29 pixels. This image is then exported or saved in png format. Do not use special characters or umlauts for the names of these image data. The memory requirement of this image must not exceed 8 KB. If necessary, the color density can still be reduced in the image in order to keep this limit.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

I just translated this part from TT 314b. Hope it helps by the trial and error finding. Sorry but I do not have a CS 2, I only found this tipp for a install procedure. At my CS 3 I did it one time and I remember it was not so complicated.Smile
Offline sjbartels  
#5 Posted : 09 April 2019 02:05:40(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Ok, that helps with the editing portion having the actual image ratio's, thanks for that. I'll give that a try this weekend