Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ChristianH  
#1 Posted : 06 April 2019 15:02:59(UTC)
ChristianH

United Kingdom   
Hi

My dad (81) has been complaining that the locomotive he bought as part of the Marklin 29752 Start Up Fire Department IR starter set sometimes stops moving forward, with only a whirring noise.

The loco is a Henschel EA 500 model with a pantograph.

I assumed there is a problem with the gears but I cannot get the main body-shell off!

I’ve checked the PDF manual, which does have an exploded drawing of the loco, but it’s useless in explaining how to take it apart. Nothing found on Youtube or Google either...

The coupler hooks; wheels and pickup shoe are off, but now I’m stuck! Any amount of trying to move the body plastic clips away from the base have proved fruitless.

Any help would be much appreciated :-)

Cheers, Christian

Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 06 April 2019 18:19:27(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hello Christian,

from what I can tell, there are four clips which hold the shell on the chassis. If you look at the diagram, you can see the clips if you look just above the number 3.
I am guessing that if you press in at those four points, you can then remove the shell.
To access the wheels and the bottom gears, you have to remove the pair of screws (Part #4) on the underside of the chassis.
To access the motor and the top gears and shaft, you will have to disassemble the model.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline ChristianH  
#3 Posted : 06 April 2019 23:20:21(UTC)
ChristianH

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Hello Christian,

from what I can tell, there are four clips which hold the shell on the chassis. If you look at the diagram, you can see the clips if you look just above the number 3.
I am guessing that if you press in at those four points, you can then remove the shell.
To access the wheels and the bottom gears, you have to remove the pair of screws (Part #4) on the underside of the chassis.
To access the motor and the top gears and shaft, you will have to disassemble the model.

Regards

Mike C

Thank you very much, Mike! I had tried the clips but probably didn't try hard enough. Now that I have some guidance I'll give it a more thorough push :-)

Cheers, Christian