Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rocca  
#1 Posted : 03 April 2019 10:57:26(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dearest Märklin friends,

Do you think that it would be safe to use the digital loco 2680 (in a fully digital system with a 6021) with the coaches coming from the 2880 Set, which means with an analogue set? May i do that? Or eventually may I mix digital and analogue coaches.
Any advice is very appreciated!
Best regards
Stefano
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 03 April 2019 13:08:31(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello, it should be no problem at all.
Coaches are fed trough the loco and equipped with bulbs and no other electronics (flickering lights you will have)
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Rocca  
#3 Posted : 10 April 2019 23:23:50(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hello, thanks! do you suppose the flickering will damage the lamps or not? Is not the voltage in the Digital system very higher than in the analogue? May all work right anyway? thanks in advance for any suggestion! Beste regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Hello, it should be no problem at all.
Coaches are fed trough the loco and equipped with bulbs and no other electronics (flickering lights you will have)
Regards

Offline franciscohg  
#4 Posted : 11 April 2019 04:08:14(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, more than the flickering lamps in the analog version could be affected by the slightly higher voltage leading to premature dead of the bulbs. Also with too much time of ooperation they may free too much heat damaging the plastic. I would use them not for very long time and replace them later for proper digital bulbs. But it should be no problem using it to watch your train run.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Ross  
#5 Posted : 11 April 2019 05:50:21(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Stefano,

You may be interested how I upgraded my train to LED lights see link below.

2680 Article

Don't use analogue coaches with digital control unless you change to bulbs suitable for the higher digital voltage. In the article I show you why, see page 12 for current details.

I hope you find the information useful.

Originally Posted by: Rocca Go to Quoted Post
Dearest Märklin friends,

Do you think that it would be safe to use the digital loco 2680 (in a fully digital system with a 6021) with the coaches coming from the 2880 Set, which means with an analogue set? May i do that? Or eventually may I mix digital and analogue coaches.
Any advice is very appreciated!
Best regards
Stefano

Ross